Author Topic: ‘Shut Up and Play Along—or Else!’ The True Link between Islam and the Left  (Read 172 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Shut Up and Play Along—or Else!’ The True Link between Islam and the Left
07/27/2023 by Raymond Ibrahim 5 Comments

Despite their many outward differences, Islamic authoritarianism and leftist liberalism are very similar—particularly in that they brook no dissent.

Here, I’d like to offer a more focused look into their similar modes of operation, especially in the context of belief vs. compliance.

For starters, few Muslims—including some of the most “radical”—really care what anyone else, including Muslims, believes or disbelieves about Islam.  This may seem counterintuitive.  After all, isn’t Islam draconian and in your face concerning its beliefs, subjugating and even killing those who reject it and its dogmas?

Yes and no.  What Islam has always required of both believers and nonbelievers is compliance to its authority.  What gets people in trouble is when they say or do anything that can be perceived as a threat to the Islamic order of things.

https://www.raymondibrahim.com/2023/07/27/shut-up-and-play-along-or-else-the-true-link-between-islam-and-the-left/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline goatprairie

The problem with Islam is that it is the only religion that says unbelievers/infidels deserve death.
In the Middle Ages Christians both Catholic and Protestant were busy killing "heretics" or giving them severe punishments.
But that was not what Jesus taught. And certainly today there are no Christian sects advocating killing unbelievers. No other major religion advocates that either.
Islam is the only major religion that tells its adherents that they are rewarded for murdering unbelievers.
That is why Islam is basically incompatible with other religions or people.
Until they stop their constant warfare against non-Muslims, Islam should be severely proscribed or banned in civilized countries.