Author Topic: Nearly 40 teens charged after 'disorderly' gathering in South Loop: Chicago police  (Read 197 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Nearly 40 teens charged after 'disorderly' gathering in South Loop: Chicago police
Video shows group running out of 7-Eleven store with items, some throwing those items while others run around

ByCate Cauguiran and ABC7 Chicago Digital Team WLS logo
Monday, July 31, 2023 11:13PM

Chicago police said 40 people were charged with misdemeanors after a large group of mostly teens became disorderly Sunday night.

CHICAGO (WLS) -- Forty people, mostly teenagers, were charged with misdemeanors after Chicago police said a large group became disorderly on Sunday night.

Police responded to the South Loop's 100-block of West Roosevelt Road at about 8 p.m. where they said the group gathered. Police said the group became disorderly and disregarded verbal commands by officers.

Witness Alvin Jackson said at first, things appeared to be peaceful. Then, a small group of teenagers started to block traffic and attempt to break into stores.

"It was just a few kids, and then it got thicker and thicker and thicker, and then they kept coming and coming, and kept coming," Jackson said. "Throwing bottles, jumping on people's cars, trying to start fights and trying to fun into stores and stuff like that."

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-teen-takeover-teens-crime-crimes/13577939/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson