Author Topic: California jewelry store hit by smash-and-grab robbers who snatched nearly $900,000 in merchandise  (Read 207 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CRIME Published August 1, 2023 6:58pm EDT
California jewelry store hit by smash-and-grab robbers who snatched nearly $900,000 in merchandise
Security footage shows the suspects with plastic trash cans and using hammers to break the glass on display cases

By Louis Casiano | Fox News

California smash and grab suspects target jewelry store
The masked thieves stole nearly $900,000 worth of jewelry from the Irvine shop, police said.

A group of masked thieves ransacked a Southern California jewelry store Monday and made off with nearly $900,000 in merchandise, police said.

The heist occurred around 12:20 p.m. at the Park Place shopping center in Irvine, 40 miles southeast of downtown Los Angeles, when three suspects dressed in all black and carrying what appeared to be plastic trash cans ran into the store, according to surveillance footage released by the Irvine Police Department.

They used hammers to smash the display cases. They were seen taking the jewelry and placing them in the trash cans.

California smash-and-grab
Three suspected thieves were caught on security camera robbing an Irvine, California jewelry store, police said.  (Irvine Police Department)

No arrests have been made.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/california-jewelry-store-smash-grab-robbers-snatched-900000-merchandise
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Doesn't California have a law where you have to steal over $900,000 before they prosecute? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson