Author Topic: Influencer reportedly died of starvation from raw vegan diet  (Read 180 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Influencer reportedly died of starvation from raw vegan diet
« on: August 02, 2023, 10:29:37 am »
MEDIA Published August 1, 2023 5:00am EDT
Influencer reportedly died of starvation from raw vegan diet
Zhanna Samsonova reportedly ate only fruits and juices before being found dead in Malaysia
By Lindsay Kornick | Fox News

What is a vegan diet?
Curious about becoming a vegan? Here is what you need to know about the vegan diet.

Zhanna Samsonova, also known as Zhanna D'Art on social media, reportedly died of starvation due to her exclusive raw vegan diet of exotic fruits, seeds and juices.

During a tour of Southeast Asia, Samsonova’s friends claimed that she began seeking medical treatment at a clinic at one friend’s request, according to the New York Post, which attributed her death to starvation. 

"A few months ago, in Sri Lanka, she already looked exhausted, with swollen legs oozing lymph," an anonymous friend claimed. "They sent her home to seek treatment. However, she ran away again. When I saw her in Phuket, I was horrified."

The friend added, "I lived one floor above her and every day I feared finding her lifeless body in the morning. I convinced her to seek treatment, but she didn’t make it."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/influencer-reportedly-died-starvation-raw-vegan-diet
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 10:31:05 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Influencer reportedly died of starvation from raw vegan diet
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 10:34:29 am »
Study seeking ‘prompt policy action’ claims eating meat creates FOUR times more greenhouse gases than being vegan – But previous studies contradict

A new study shows you might want to swap them for meat-free alternatives if you want to do your bit to save the planet. University of Oxford experts say eating just 100g of meat per day – less than a single burger – creates four times more greenhouse gases compared with a vegan diet. The researchers now want to see prompt policy action from government and organisations to trigger 'dietary shifts away from animal-based foods'.

#

But this study contradicts previous studies:  2015 STUDY: Vegetarian Diets ‘Worse’ For ‘Climate Change’ – Three Times ‘More Harmful to the Environment’ - Carnegie Mellon Study: 'Eating lettuce is over three times worse in greenhouse gas emissions than eating bacon.' 'Lots of common vegetables require more resources per calorie than you would think. Eggplant, celery and cucumbers look particularly bad when compared to pork or chicken.' VEGETARIAN AND “HEALTHY” DIETS COULD BE MORE HARMFUL TO THE ENVIRONMENT

Study: Organic farming may be making ‘climate change’ worse - Analysis shows organic farming has increased carbon emissions per acre

By: Admin - Climate Depot

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/08/01/study-seeking-prompt-policy-action-claims-eating-meat-creates-four-times-more-greenhouse-gases-than-being-vegan/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson