Author Topic: McConnell says he won't step down as minority leader this Congress  (Read 299 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell says he won't step down as minority leader this Congress
by Jack Birle, Breaking News Reporter |
July 28, 2023 09:10 AM

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell says he will not step down from his role as Republican leader during this Congress.

McConnell, 81, had a health scare on Wednesday when he abruptly stopped his remarks at a press conference and froze up, leaving the press conference for a time before returning later and answering questions. He confirmed to CNN in a statement he will stay on as leader through at least 2025.

This is a breaking story and will be updated.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/mcconnell-wont-step-down-minority-leader-this-congress
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: McConnell says he won't step down as minority leader this Congress
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 01:25:29 pm »
This should surprise no one. These people will not give up power under any circumstances.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 01:28:19 pm »
This should surprise no one. These people will not give up power under any circumstances.
Power thirsty and money hungry.   **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 01:47:36 pm »

Few members of our Leadership Class have ever held down a real job, and none of them are inclined to retire before assuming room temperature.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2023, 02:14:48 pm »
DC Scum.  Anyone surprised?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2023, 02:19:01 pm »
If it was just a TIA, it's not necessarily a big deal.  I imagine he'll reassess if things get worse.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2023, 02:23:20 pm »
If it was just a TIA, it's not necessarily a big deal.  I imagine he'll reassess if things get worse.
Well at his age I think it is safe to assume that things aren't going to get much better.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.