Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Migrant Rush Forces International Bridge Closures in Texas  (Read 202 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: Migrant Rush Forces International Bridge Closures in Texas

RANDY CLARK26 Jul 202362

EAGLE PASS, Texas — International ports of entry in Eagle Pass, Texas, were closed for nearly one hour after a group of nearly 50, mostly Venezuelan migrants, attempted to force their way through one of the ports to claim asylum. According to a source within CBP, the group of migrants forced their way onto Bridge One but were repelled by CBP Office of Field Operations personnel who closed the gates and shut down all traffic on Tuesday evening.

According to the source, not authorized to speak to the media, the migrants began the rush after assaulting a bridge toll worker in Piedras Negras, Mexico, at approximately 7:50 p.m. The migrants, frustrated by a lengthy wait in Mexico for CBP One appointments, returned to Mexico once the gates were closed. As a precaution, the second bridge linking the border city of Eagle Pass to Piedras Negras was also closed for nearly one hour as authorities on both sides of the border dealt with the incident.

Authorities in Mexico assured the migrants that they would not be prosecuted for the attempt to breach the international bridge if they quietly returned to a migrant shelter in Mexico. The source says the migrants left the bridge and attempted to wade across the Rio Grande instead.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/07/26/exclusive-migrant-rush-forces-international-bridge-closures-in-texas/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Time to blow up these bridges... and CLOSE the border, permanently.