Author Topic: Russia advances measure to draft 30-year-olds into military  (Read 306 times)

Offline Kamaji

Russia advances measure to draft 30-year-olds into military

By Jesse O’Neill
July 25, 2023

Russia moved to force men as old as 30 to join the military Tuesday, as its unprovoked invasion of Ukraine entered its 18th month.

The warring country’s lower house of parliament approved a bill that extended the upper age limit for its mandatory military draft to 30 from 27 years old.

The measure appeared to be an attempt to replenish the country’s pool of fighters in Ukraine – where two independent Russian media outlets estimated earlier this month that some 50,000 Russian fighters had been killed since the invasion began.

As it stands now, only Russian men aged 18-27 are required to serve in the military, with exceptions offered to students and those with physical problems and illnesses.

An original draft of the bill proposed raising the lower age of the draft from 18 to 21 and implementing the changes gradually over a period of years, but senior lawmakers changed course at the insistence of the Defense Ministry.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/25/russia-advances-measure-to-draft-30-year-olds-into-military/

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Russia advances measure to draft 30-year-olds into military
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2023, 02:02:51 pm »
The numbers are all over the place.  Suffice to say, they thought it would be a ten day campaign and it is shaping up to be more of a ten year campaign.  Sadly, Putin has no recollection of a war called Afghanistan.  The Russians spent ten years there, the USA was supplying the Afghanis not nearly as well as the USA and NATO nations are supplying Ukraine, and Russia left with its tail between its legs.

Sadly, the USA did the same thing in Afghanistan, only it took almost twice as long before we left with out tail tucked between our legs under the heroic leadership of Wrecking Ball Joe.  He should have been immediately impeached for that act alone, let alone the overt betrayals with his bribes for the entire Biden Crime Family.

But hey, do not hold your breath for anything happening in Washington that remotely looks like justice for the Biden Crime Family.  Just not going to happen.

Back to Russia, they are destroying a nation and its population so that Putin can own the mineral wealth of the eastern half of Ukraine.   As the world's wealthiest man, and I suspect that is the case, he just does not have enough.  Fortunately for the world, he is 70 and not immortal.  Hitler was in his 50s when he decided to conquer the world.  It took the world just under six years to end his play for world domination.  Let's see how long it takes for Putin before he crumbles.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Russia advances measure to draft 30-year-olds into military
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 03:10:38 pm »
Putin doesn't care how many Russians have to die ... he'll keep throwing bodies into the line of fire until there are no bodies left ... then he'll go nuclear.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.