Author Topic: ‘Biden’s Border Funnel’ for Illegal Migrants Pushes SW Border Port Encounters to a New Record in Jun  (Read 199 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Biden’s Border Funnel’ for Illegal Migrants Pushes SW Border Port Encounters to a New Record in June
The administration is playing a shell game to hide the actual number of inadmissible aliens it is letting in

By Andrew R. Arthur on July 21, 2023

CBP has put out its “Nationwide Encounters” statistics for June. Those stats are a compilation of the number of aliens apprehended by Border Patrol agents along all U.S. borders plus aliens deemed inadmissible by CBP officers in the agency’s Office of Field Operations component (OFO) at all U.S. ports of entry (collectively known as “encounters”). They reveal that the Biden administration’s plan to funnel would-be illegal migrants through the ports is going gangbusters — and pushing the number of inadmissible aliens stopped at the Southwest border to new records.

“Nationwide Encounters”. In June, CBP officers in OFO stopped nearly 111,000 inadmissible aliens at the Southwest, Northern, Coastal, and interior ports of entry. That’s a 7.6 percent increase compared to May, but more importantly, it’s more than double the overall number of OFO encounters in June 2022 (just short of 54,500), and nearly three times the encounter figure for June 2021 (fewer than 25,500).

OFO Nationwide

Nationwide encounters of inadmissible aliens at ports of entry nationwide by CBP's Office of Field Operations (i.e., not by the border Patrol).

While I’ll delve into the Southwest OFO port figures below, it’s important to realize that the number of aliens deemed inadmissible at the interior airports and coastal ports of entry has surged in the past two years as well.

More than 50,000 aliens were deemed inadmissible at just U.S. airports and coastal ports in June, nearly as many as at all U.S. ports of entry (including Southwestern and Northern ports) in June 2022, and almost exactly three times as many as at the airports and seaports in June 2021 (16,753).

https://cis.org/Arthur/Bidens-Border-Funnel-Illegal-Migrants-Pushes-SW-Border-Port-Encounters-New-Record-June
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson