Author Topic: Ordering the Selected Reserve and Certain Members of the Individual Ready Reserve of the Armed Force  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Kamaji

As I said in another thread, we already have some active duty troops there.  These reservists are going to replace active duty troops to give them a chance to rotate home.  The more troops you have in a rotation, the less time each unit has to spend there. This helps ease pressure on families, etc..

:thumbsup:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
:thumbsup:

Yeah except that's not what's happening.

The AD troops are rotating either the Europe or to Korea on 9 month rotations.  They are on what's called a "Patch Chart"...it's similar to the one we had for Iraq and Afghanistan.

That's why V Corps has a forward HQ now in Poland...to handle the active duty Brigades that rotate over and act as their higher headquarters when away from home. They have been training with and improving the training of the Baltic Nations...improing their ranges...building new ones...establishing bases of our own doing joint operations.  The 2nd Cavalry Regiment and the 173rd Airborne Brigade were shouldering the brunt of it initially as LTG Hodges tried to make "30,000 look like 300,000".

Further...there are National Guard units by state that are "partners" with different European countries and routinely train with them.

I say all of that to get to this...there are enough Reserve and National Guard units already up and running that this call up from the Select Reserve and Individual Ready Reserve is unnecessary uncalled for and as Sen. Lee said...highly provocative.

The people being called up aren't assigned to any unit.  They aren't giving one weekend a month and two weeks a year to drill status.

Most of them are trying to ride out the final 2-3 years of their initial obligation of 8 years they signed up for. Which...BTW...whether you sign up for 2 years or 5 initially like I did...you owe the DoD 8 years of service no matter what.

They aren't being called up to "replace active duty troops and let them go home" As I said above we have enough active duty units and Reserve/national Guard to facilitate that. This is an unprecedented move on Biden's part...especially wince we aren't at war.

The last two times we called up select and individual ready reserve soldiers was the start of the Iraq war in 2003 and Desert Shield in 1991.

This won't "ease pressure on families" either.  it will do the opposite...people who are in the inactive guard and reserve are suddenly going to get orders recalling them to active duty...they're going to have to notify their employers...maybe they weren't married or had kids when they last wore the uniform...now they do and now they have to start asking why mom or dad is having to leave.  It will put stress on marriages that have not had the experience in the past of deployments or a 9-12 month deployment away from home.

This move isn't a thumbs up...it's actually a thumbs down move...and serious people are seriously concerned about what the effects Biden and the SecDef are doing with this move.

As well they should be.

There are people that will sell this move as a positive...but take what they say with a grain of salt...you have some that are so deep in the hole when it comes to shilling for the Blue and Gold...they've let that override common sense and rational thought on this issue.

Hope that explains it a little better for you and everyone else.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Kamaji

Yeah except that's not what's happening.

The AD troops are rotating either the Europe or to Korea on 9 month rotations.  They are on what's called a "Patch Chart"...it's similar to the one we had for Iraq and Afghanistan.

That's why V Corps has a forward HQ now in Poland...to handle the active duty Brigades that rotate over and act as their higher headquarters when away from home. They have been training with and improving the training of the Baltic Nations...improing their ranges...building new ones...establishing bases of our own doing joint operations.  The 2nd Cavalry Regiment and the 173rd Airborne Brigade were shouldering the brunt of it initially as LTG Hodges tried to make "30,000 look like 300,000".

Further...there are National Guard units by state that are "partners" with different European countries and routinely train with them.

I say all of that to get to this...there are enough Reserve and National Guard units already up and running that this call up from the Select Reserve and Individual Ready Reserve is unnecessary uncalled for and as Sen. Lee said...highly provocative.

The people being called up aren't assigned to any unit.  They aren't giving one weekend a month and two weeks a year to drill status.

Most of them are trying to ride out the final 2-3 years of their initial obligation of 8 years they signed up for. Which...BTW...whether you sign up for 2 years or 5 initially like I did...you owe the DoD 8 years of service no matter what.

They aren't being called up to "replace active duty troops and let them go home" As I said above we have enough active duty units and Reserve/national Guard to facilitate that. This is an unprecedented move on Biden's part...especially wince we aren't at war.

The last two times we called up select and individual ready reserve soldiers was the start of the Iraq war in 2003 and Desert Shield in 1991.

This won't "ease pressure on families" either.  it will do the opposite...people who are in the inactive guard and reserve are suddenly going to get orders recalling them to active duty...they're going to have to notify their employers...maybe they weren't married or had kids when they last wore the uniform...now they do and now they have to start asking why mom or dad is having to leave.  It will put stress on marriages that have not had the experience in the past of deployments or a 9-12 month deployment away from home.

This move isn't a thumbs up...it's actually a thumbs down move...and serious people are seriously concerned about what the effects Biden and the SecDef are doing with this move.

As well they should be.

There are people that will sell this move as a positive...but take what they say with a grain of salt...you have some that are so deep in the hole when it comes to shilling for the Blue and Gold...they've let that override common sense and rational thought on this issue.

Hope that explains it a little better for you and everyone else.

It's not the first step to a U.S. invasion of either Ukraine or Russia.  In fact, as I understand it, there haven't been any actual call-ups under the authorization at this point either; it is nothing more than an authorization.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's not the first step to a U.S. invasion of either Ukraine or Russia.  In fact, as I understand it, there haven't been any actual call-ups under the authorization at this point either; it is nothing more than an authorization.

I didn't say it was. 

It takes time for the orders to get sent out.  I guarantee you that at Human Resources Command right up the road from me at Ft Know they are burning the midnight oil combing through the tens of thousands of Select and Individual Reserve soldiers on file to select the ones to call up for whatever Biden is plotting.

IMHO I'd expect to see the first orders rolling out to individuals by August with a report date for those that get them a couple weeks after that.

There's a lot of moving parts that have to get set into motion between when the EO is signed and that first "lucky" reservist gets his or her orders.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!