Author Topic: Ordering the Selected Reserve and Certain Members of the Individual Ready Reserve of the Armed Force  (Read 1308 times)

Offline mountaineer

:pondering:
Certain Members of the Individual Ready Reserve of the Armed Forces to Active Duty
July 13, 2023

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including sections 121 and 12304 of title 10, United States Code, I hereby determine that it is necessary to augment the active Armed Forces of the United States for the effective conduct of Operation Atlantic Resolve in and around the United States European Command’s area of responsibility.

In furtherance of this operation, under the stated authority, I hereby authorize the Secretary of Defense, and the Secretary of Homeland Security with respect to the Coast Guard when it is not operating as a service in the Navy, under their respective jurisdictions, to order to active duty any units, and any individual members not assigned to a unit organized to serve as a unit of the Selected Reserve, or any member in the Individual Ready Reserve mobilization category and designated as essential under regulations prescribed by the Secretary concerned, not to exceed 3,000 total members at any one time, of whom not more than 450 may be members of the Individual Ready Reserve, as they deem necessary, and to terminate the service of those units and members ordered to active duty. ...
The White House
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Andrew Leyden
@PenguinSix
White House orders mobilization of 3,000 reservists, including upto 450 Individual Ready Reservists, to support Operation Atlantic Resolve, deploying troops to Europe to show our support for NATO

OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
The President of the United States, Joe Biden has just released an authorization for the call-up of at least 3,000 Personnel from the U.S. Armed Forces Reserve and roughly 450 from the Individual-Ready Reserve in order to Augment the Forces of U.S. European Command for the upcoming Exercise “Operation Atlantic Resolve” in the Region.
3:53 PM · Jul 13, 2023

Offline mountaineer

July 13, 2023
Message to the Congress on Ordering the Selected Reserve and Certain Members of the Individual Ready Reserve of the Armed Forces to Active Duty

In accordance with section 12304(f) of title 10, United States Code, I am providing notice that I have authorized the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Homeland Security with respect to the Coast Guard when it is not operating as a service in the Department of the Navy, to order to active duty members and units of the Selected Reserve and appropriately designated Individual Ready Reserve members, without the consent of the member concerned, pursuant to 12304(a) of title 10, United States Code.  Reserve mobilizations under this authorization are not to exceed 3,000 total members at any one time, of whom not more than 450 may be members of the Individual Ready Reserve.   ... The White House

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WTH is going on...why is he doing this??

Biden says Pentagon can activate reservists for Russia deterrence
Story by Missy Ryan • 1h ago

President Biden on Thursday authorized the Pentagon to mobilize up to 3,000 military reservists for duty in Europe, a signal that ongoing efforts to deter Russia and reassure NATO allies have taxed portions of the active-duty force deployed across the continent since war erupted in Ukraine early last year.

It was not immediately clear when — or even if — the Defense Department intends to mobilize any additional personnel. Lt. Gen. Douglas A. Sims II, a senior official on the military’s Joint Staff, told reporters that “these authorities will enable the department to better support and sustain” the enhanced American presence overseas.

This is a developing story. It will be updated.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/biden-says-pentagon-can-activate-reservists-for-russia-deterrence/ar-AA1dPpdn
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

A neighor of mine who is a Reservist, about to retire and separate, got called back to train people in Europe.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A neighor of mine who is a Reservist, about to retire and separate, got called back to train people in Europe.

How old is he?....where is he going did he say?....Brussels,? Germany?

Nevermind you shouldn't answer those questions..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Maybe they are trying to butch Biden up at our soldiers expense, try to hang a war time president label on him.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Maybe they are trying to butch Biden up at our soldiers expense, try to hang a war time president label on him.

....and that too....but he screwed up so much over there that the other leaders are still laughing...
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

He's being deployed to Shang-ri-la.

How old is he?....where is he going did he say?....Brussels,? Germany?

Nevermind you shouldn't answer those questions..
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

BREAKING: Biden calls up US military reserve units to deploy to active duty in Europe in 'Operation Atlantic Resolve'

Operation Atlantic Resolve is the official name of the unofficial operation supporting the war in Ukraine.

Libby Emmons
Brooklyn NY
Jul 13, 2023 2 minute read
A presidential action posted by the White House on Thursday revealed that the President, under his authority as Commander-in-chief, is calling up US military units to deploy to active duty in Europe under what is being called Operation Atlantic Resolve.

Operation Atlantic Resolve is the official name of the unofficial operation supporting the war in Ukraine, and is in response to Russia's invasion of the Donbass region. Operation Atlantic Resolve has been funded under the European Deterrence Initiative, and is intended, thus far, to strengthen NATO. The US has military in Eastern Europe, but has not called on Americans to fight to defend Ukraine.

"I hereby determine that it is necessary to augment the active Armed Forces of the United States for the effective conduct of Operation Atlantic Resolve in and around the United States European Command’s area of responsibility," President Joe Biden said.

As such, he authorized the ordering of any active duty units of the Coast Guard to serve as a unit of the Selected Reserve. The Selected Reserve is the "the most readily available group of Army Reserve Soldiers," according to the US Military.

All members of the Selected Reserve can be mobilized in the event that an emergency arises and they are called upon to do so.

"In furtherance of this operation," Biden said, "under the stated authority, I hereby authorize the Secretary of Defense, and the Secretary of Homeland Security with respect to the Coast Guard when it is not operating as a service in the Navy, under their respective jurisdictions, to order to active duty any units, and any individual members not assigned to a unit organized to serve as a unit of the Selected Reserve, or any member in the Individual Ready Reserve mobilization category and designated as essential under regulations prescribed by the Secretary concerned, not to exceed 3,000 total members at any one time, of whom not more than 450 may be members of the Individual Ready Reserve, as they deem necessary, and to terminate the service of those units and members ordered to active duty."

President Biden is readying military forces to deploy to Europe. He made a promise to the American people in March 2022 that US troops would not be sent to fight in Ukraine on behalf of that nation's borders or in service to waging war against Russia.

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-biden-calls-up-us-military-reserve-units-to-deploy-to-active-duty-in-europe-in-operation-atlantic-resolve?utm_campaign=64483
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

On to Kiev and Lviv!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charles Hurt said on Jesse Watters show that since Biden had a disastrous trip to prove his power and importance...paraphrasing
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Did Biden promise Zelensky this behind closed doors....Congress needs to look into this..
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Biden wrote in a message to Congress:

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including sections 121 and 12304 of title 10, United States Code, I hereby determine that it is necessary to augment the active Armed Forces of the United States for the effective conduct of Operation Atlantic Resolve in and around the United States European Command’s area of responsibility.

Operation Atlantic Resolve began in 2014 to bolster the U.S. military presence in the wake of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in 2014 and annexation of Crimea.

Biden said in the message that he authorized the Secretary of Defense, and the Secretary of Homeland Security with respect to the Coast Guard, to order to active duty any units or individuals not assigned to a unit.

Army Lieutenant General D.A. Sims, the Joint Staff J3 director of operations, told reporters:

Based on the level of presence and operations in the U.S. [European Command] area of operations, DOD’s support requirements have grown, as well.  These authorities will enable the department to better support and sustain its enhanced presence and level of operations in the U.S. EUCOM [area of responsibility].

He also said the moves reaffirm “the unwavering support and commitment to the defense of NATO’s eastern flank in wake of Russia’s illegal and unprovoked war on Ukraine.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/07/13/biden-authorizes-military-to-call-reservists-to-active-duty-to-support-ukraine-war/

Offline LMAO

This is interesting
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Charles Hurt said on Jesse Watters show that since Biden had a disastrous trip to prove his power and importance...paraphrasing

Or Zelensky reminded Biden he has the receipts.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
There's been absolutely no coverage on this that I've heard today on radio news here at work...no soundbites from our ABC Radio feed either.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

There's been absolutely no coverage on this that I've heard today on radio news here at work...no soundbites from our ABC Radio feed either.
After a flurry last evening, Twitter's pretty quiet, too.  :shrug:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Bidens success in Afghanistan was so great, Biden wants to set up an Afghanistan II in the Ukraine, only bigger, better and more Armys given away and pallets of money left behind, more civilians left behind too!

So much better than Trumps rule, eh?  Ain't it wonderful when you Biden wokesters over and over.  So much better than Trump in office?
Like Biden, you future home awaits you!
 :dumpster:

Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
After a flurry last evening, Twitter's pretty quiet, too.  :shrug:

I had it in three of my newscasts yesterday afternoon...and the response from Ted Cruz and Mike Lee.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
These are NOT American combat troops but logistics, transport, and trainers to get all the forthcoming weapons, ammo, and supplies to Eastern Europe and then teach the Ukrainians how to use them.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
As I said in another thread, we already have some active duty troops there.  These reservists are going to replace active duty troops to give them a chance to rotate home.  The more troops you have in a rotation, the less time each unit has to spend there. This helps ease pressure on families, etc..

Offline mountaineer

Sen. Mike Lee tweets:
Mike Lee
@BasedMikeLee
Jul 13
I’ve been trying to figure out what this means. Bottom line up front: President Biden is arguably walking the U.S. up to the line of war and daring Russia to shoot first.

10 USC 12304 gives the President the authority to “augment” the forces of any “named operational mission” to active duty for NOT MORE THAN 365 consecutive days.

Operation Atlantic Resolve has existed since 2014 and is an official “named” U.S. military mission that deploys forces on a rotational basis mainly to the Baltic states and Poland.

Open-source information on Operation Atlantic Resolve from DOD does not suggest any forces are present in Ukraine under this mission.

Since conflict with Russia and Ukraine came to blows in 2014, rotational deployments under Atlantic Resolve have been considered a backbone of deterring Russia from crossing NATO’s Eastern flank.

The active-duty activation and deployment of these additional forces is a dangerous provocation, knowing full well NATO’s Eastern Flank is adjacent to active hostilities.

President Biden did the same thing at the beginning of the war in Ukraine in 2022, massively increasing our active-duty force presence when we knew hostilities were imminent. But now it’s even more risky because hostilities are active.

Not only does this run the risk of further locking us into supporting Ukraine, now the military-industrial complex will say the US military presence is THE one thing preventing Russia from crossing NATO’s eastern border & that we have to maintain such presence indefinitely.

This probably means a long-term security guarantee. Another endless war but this time by proxy.

One could argue that unilateral troop activations/deployments like this—into areas of active or imminent hostilities—should be treated as a breach of the War Powers Act. Regardless, this makes me really uneasy.

The Young Libertarian
@BasedMemes4
@BasedMikeLee- how do we stop it?

Mike Lee
@BasedMikeLee
Working on that now. It’s not easy and very controversial, but we might have to invoke the War Powers Act.
12:59 AM · Jul 14, 2023

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39