Author Topic: Washington Subsidizes Sanctuary Cities  (Read 141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Washington Subsidizes Sanctuary Cities
« on: July 13, 2023, 12:32:43 pm »
Washington Subsidizes Sanctuary Cities
Parsing Immigration Policy, Episode 113

By Mark Krikorian and Jessica Vaughan on July 13, 2023

Summary
Sanctuary jurisdictions are states or localities that obstruct the enforcement of immigration laws and shield criminals from federal authorities. And Washington sends millions in funding to them anyway.

On this episode of Parsing Immigration Policy, host and Executive Director of the Center for Immigration Studies Mark Krikorian is joined by the Center’s Director of Policy Studies Jessica Vaughan to discuss a new report that details how much money the federal government has given to sanctuary jurisdictions. Vaughan explains, “The Department of Justice has a number of law enforcement-related funding programs that give money for various purposes to local and state police, and a very large share of that money … goes to jurisdictions that are actively subverting the enforcement of the immigration laws by the federal government, the same federal government that’s giving them money.”

The report uses publicly available information to quantify the amount of money that has gone to these jurisdictions that actively obstruct the legitimate activities of ICE, at the expense of law-abiding members of their communities. Vaughan also explains how Congress can hold these jurisdictions accountable and discourage sanctuary policies.

In his closing commentary, Mark Krikorian highlights the Biden administration’s recent announcement of its “Family Reunification Parole Program” for certain aliens in Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras, which would allow nationals from these countries to skip the line to enter the country ahead of all other green card-eligible aliens.

https://cis.org/Parsing-Immigration-Policy/Washington-Subsidizes-Sanctuary-Cities
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson