Author Topic: Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg admits he’s fearful of crime on NYC subways  (Read 233 times)

Offline Kamaji

Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg admits he’s fearful of crime on NYC subways

By Emily Crane and Craig McCarthy
July 12, 2023

Even Manhattan’s progressive top prosecutor is fearful of crime on the subway system.

District Attorney Alvin Bragg admitted his alarm when asked Tuesday about the perception of many New Yorkers that the Big Apple is under siege and becoming increasingly unsafe.

“I know the statistics that transit crime is down, but when one of my family members gets on the train, I, too, get a knot in my stomach,” Bragg confessed in an interview with FOX5.

The soft-on-criminals prosecutor appeared to reference the latest NYPD data that show major crime in the city’s subway system being down 4.6% in the first six months of this year compared to the same period in 2022.

But last month alone, transit crime actually spiked more than 18%, with 195 incidents compared to the 165 over the course of June last year, the data shows.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/12/manhattan-da-alvin-bragg-admits-he-fears-nyc-subway-crime/

Offline Kamaji

Well, Mr. Bragg, if'n you want to see who bears a big part of the blame, find a mirror, any mirror, and take a look in it.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So basically saying "I'm bought and paid for" without actually saying it.
The Republic is lost.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Let Daniel Penny go Bragg.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley