Author Topic: Kerry: Fiduciary Responsibility of Money Managers 'Not to Lose' Money Is Hurting Climate Transition  (Read 262 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kerry: Fiduciary Responsibility of Money Managers 'Not to Lose' Money Is Hurting Climate Transition Investment
Ian Hanchett

On Monday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Ana Cabrera Reports,” Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry stated that green transition investment has been undercut by the fact that money managers “have a fiduciary responsibility, an obligation to the people they manage it for not to lose the money, but to produce returns on that investment.” And the fact that pension funds “are very careful about those investments in order to make certain they have the money to pay out to the pensioners who work for that money all their lives.” Kerry also said that he has urged those who manage large amounts of money that they have “got to help us create the structure” to spend on climate.

Kerry said that President Joe Biden and King Charles were briefed “on the way trillions of dollars could begin to be deployed into the private sector to accelerate this transition so we are not putting greenhouse gas emissions up into the atmosphere to the detriment of every human being.”

Host Ana Cabrera then asked, “What’s preventing those trillions of dollars from trickling into the solutions right now?”

Kerry responded, “What’s preventing it is, to some degree, fear, uncertainty about the marketplace. People who manage very significant amounts of money have a fiduciary responsibility, an obligation to the people they manage it for not to lose the money, but to produce returns on that investment. Pension funds, many of them, are very careful about those investments in order to make certain they have the money to pay out to the pensioners who work for that money all their lives. So, there are tricky components of making sure that you have taken the risk away from these investments. And energy, which is what the climate crisis is all about, it’s about energy, it’s about how we fuel our homes, how we heat our homes, how we light our factories, how we drive and go from place to place.”

He continued, “What’s happening is, the emissions from the burning of fossil fuels [are] not being captured, it goes up into the atmosphere, and it’s warming the planet, increasingly more and more and more dangerously. So, you either capture those emissions or you don’t create them in the first place. That was the discussion this morning. And the discussion with these people who manage huge sums of money was, we want to help, we want to deploy the funding, but you’ve got to help us create the structure for which we can do that.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/07/10/kerry-fiduciary-responsibility-of-money-managers-not-to-lose-money-is-hurting-climate-transition-investment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Wow

Who would’ve thought that the job of people who work in investment management is to make money for their clients?

And who would’ve thought that they don’t want to take their clients money and invest in unproven technology that results in loss

This guy almost became President at one time

I am just stunned, but not surprised, at the disconnect and stupidity of the people who currently run our country
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 07:42:04 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

Welcome to stakeholder corporatism.

It's not about the money. It's about the cause.  :silly:

Offline Kamaji

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Ketchup Boy, there's nothing stopping you and sugar momma, Teresa Heinz, for rebalancing your own money portfolio to help Mother Gaia.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

When John Kerry and Joe Biden stop flying all over the world and riding around in massive motorcades, maybe I'll listen to their climate change BS.

Or, naaah.

Biden — hours after discussing "accelerating climate engagement" — departs the Vilnius airport in a motorcade spanning 30+ vehicles

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1678453649666711555
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Pension funds, many of them, are very careful about those investments in order to make certain they have the money to pay out to the pensioners who work for that money all their lives. So, there are tricky components of making sure that you have taken the risk away from these investments.

I wonder who he has in mind to cover this risk.   :pondering: