Author Topic: ‘Unacceptable and Irresponsible’: GOP Congresswoman Raps NYC Mayor’s Plan to House Illegal Aliens in  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Unacceptable and Irresponsible’: GOP Congresswoman Raps NYC Mayor’s Plan to House Illegal Aliens in Schools
Virginia Allen / @Virginia_Allen5 / July 07, 2023

New York City Mayor Eric Adams is under fire after announcing tentative plans to house illegal aliens in public schools over the summer. 

“Our schools and educational resources should be dedicated to our children, not diverted to support unvetted migrants who are entering our country illegally,” Rep. Claudia Tenney, R-N.Y., told The Daily Signal. 

New York City has struggled to find housing and resources for more than 84,000 illegal aliens seeking asylum who have come through the city’s intake system since last spring.

“As Mayor Adams has said repeatedly, we have more than 51,800 asylum seekers in our care and have reached capacity,” a spokesperson for City Hall told The Daily Signal in a prepared statement Friday. “While this option is not ideal, none are, and we are in no position to take anything off the table.”

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/07/07/mayor-eric-adams-risking-safety-students-considering-housing-illegal-aliens-nyc-schools-gop-lawmaker-says/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 02:03:22 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson