Author Topic: Democrats see hope in House, gloom in Senate  (Read 386 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats see hope in House, gloom in Senate
« on: July 07, 2023, 01:28:16 pm »
 Democrats see hope in House, gloom in Senate
by Caroline Vakil and Al Weaver - 07/07/23 6:00 AM ET

Democrats see a clear path to winning back the House majority in next fall’s elections, even as their worries grow that they could lose their hard-fought Senate majority.

In the House, Democrats need to pick up five seats to take back their majority, and the House map includes close to a dozen seats being defended by Republicans in only California and New York.

Democrats are already favored to win back the district held by scandal-plagued Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.), per the nonpartisan Cook Political Report, and Republicans are defending another five toss-up seats in New York and New Jersey.

California is another state of opportunity for House Democrats, where Republicans are defending seven competitive seats.

Yet if the House is an opportunity that makes Democrats optimistic, the Senate is a source of angst for the party.

Democrats are defending 23 Senate seats next year compared to 11 for Republicans.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4084247-democrats-see-hope-in-house-gloom-in-senate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Democrats see hope in House, gloom in Senate
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2023, 01:32:50 pm »
They cannot be allowed to control Congress again.

Online LMAO

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2023, 01:43:24 pm »

Especially when Biden or whatever Democrat wins the WH in 2024
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2023, 01:49:59 pm »
Especially when Biden or whatever Democrat wins the WH in 2024

Exactly.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2023, 02:00:38 pm »

That's the obvious.  If only it were the easy to accomplish. We simply can't just vote for someone just because they have an 'R' next to their names.  We need to get conservatives in control; much easier said than done.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2023, 02:02:00 pm »
That's the obvious.  If only it were the easy to accomplish. We simply can't just vote for someone just because they have an 'R' next to their names.  We need to get conservatives in control; much easier said than done.

Maybe so, but to start with, we have to stop those with a 'D' next to their names from gaining the majority, because then anything goes.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2023, 02:03:49 pm »
Maybe so, but to start with, we have to stop those with a 'D' next to their names from gaining the majority, because then anything goes.

Wrong!  Keep voting in RINO's and we continue down this awful path!  RINO's are usually going to vote along with the DEMS, so not a whole lot of difference.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2023, 02:09:02 pm »
We need to maintain divided Government.

One party control allows the worst elements of both parties to delcare the voters have given them a mandate; then, they proceed to abuse Budget Reconciliation to pass a national ban on abortion or a national ban on the internal combustion engine.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2023, 02:57:56 pm »
Wrong!  Keep voting in RINO's and we continue down this awful path!  RINO's are usually going to vote along with the DEMS, so not a whole lot of difference.

Define RINO though? Only consistent one I see is Mittens, currently. I hope he's gone through primary next election.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2023, 02:59:22 pm »

Oh, it makes a big difference who gets to set the rules for the House or the Senate, and that goes to the party that has the larger number of members.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2023, 04:11:27 pm »
Yet if the House is an opportunity that makes Democrats optimistic, the Senate is a source of angst for the party.

Democrats are defending 23 Senate seats next year compared to 11 for Republicans.

No problem.  Trump will endorse a slew of nutjobs in Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Montana, and Nevada.  He will sink Ted Cruz if possible.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2023, 04:13:43 pm »
No problem.  Trump will endorse a slew of nutjobs in Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Montana, and Nevada.  He will sink Ted Cruz if possible.

That is almost certainly his plan.