Author Topic: Princeton University student kidnapped by Iran-backed militia group in Iraq — in March  (Read 233 times)

Offline Kamaji

Princeton University student kidnapped by Iran-backed militia group in Iraq — in March: officials

By Ariel Zilber and Natalie O'Neill
July 5, 2023

A Princeton University doctoral student was abducted by a radical Iran-backed militia group while doing work for the school in Iraq — and has been missing for months.

Elizabeth Tsurkov, 36 — an Israeli-Russian citizen studying political science at the New Jersey-based Ivy League institution — was seized in March by members of the Shiite group Kataeb Hezbollah in Baghdad, officials said Wednesday.

“[Elizabeth Tsurkov] is an Israeli-Russian dual citizen who has been missing for several months in Iraq, where she is being held by the Shi’ite militia Kata’ib Hezbollah,” the office of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a statement.

The Israeli government “views Iraq as responsible for her fate and safety,” it said.

The student researcher had used her Russian passport to visit the country in January “in pursuit of a doctoral thesis from Princeton University,” according to Netanyahu’s office.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/05/princeton-student-elizabeth-tsurkov-kidnapped-by-iran-backed-militia-group-in-iraq/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Does this mean that Princeton will pay the ransom?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.