Author Topic: Exiled Wagner Group boss returns to Russia to collect confiscated weapons  (Read 298 times)

Offline Kamaji

Exiled Wagner Group boss returns to Russia to collect confiscated weapons

By Snejana Farberov
July 5, 2023

The founder of the Wagner mercenary group, who was exiled after staging a botched armed mutiny against Russia’s military brass, was invited back into the country to collect his massive cache of weapons — just days after reclaiming $100 million seized last month.

Businessman Yevgeny Prigozhin was seen Tuesday evening arriving in a BMW 7 Series at the FSB office in St. Petersburg, accompanied by his security detail traveling in a Land Cruiser, according to the local news outlet Fontanka.ru.

Just hours earlier, Prigozhin had been formally invited by Russia’s security services to pick up his arsenal of guns, which had been confiscated during a search of his country estate in a tony suburb of St. Petersburg on June 24.

FSB operatives were said to have handed back two Saiga rifles, an Austrian Mannlicher rifle, and a smattering of other rifles and handguns.

Prigozhin, 62, was also reunited with a Glock pistol engraved with his name that had been gifted to him by Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu before their public falling-out over the Ukraine war.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/05/wagner-group-boss-returns-to-russia-to-collect-his-weapons/

Offline DB

Something is very wrong with this picture...

What the hell is going on over there???

Offline Kamaji

Something is very wrong with this picture...

What the hell is going on over there???

Exactly.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I hope Prigozhin doesn't suffer a fatal fall on a wet bathroom floor or anything.

Many oligarchs have a habit of falling off balconies.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.