Author Topic: 500 migrant families soon to be housed in NYC mega-shelter on Upper East Side  (Read 248 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
500 migrant families soon to be housed in NYC mega-shelter on Upper East Side
By Bernadette Hogan
June 28, 2023 12:34am  Updated

New York City will soon have a dozen mega-shelters to house over 50,000 migrants, Mayor Eric Adams announced Tuesday.

Over 500 families with kids will soon be moved into the former student housing complex at 1760 Third Avenue between 97th and 98th Street on the Upper East Side of Manhattan’s Carnegie Hill neighborhood. 

“With over 50,000 asylum seekers currently in our care and a total of over 81,200 asking us for care since last spring, New York City continues to do more than any other city or level of government to address this national crisis,” said Adams in a statement.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/28/nyc-to-open-500-migrant-family-mega-shelter-on-upper-east-side/
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 02:14:58 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I have to believe when the framers of the Constitution put in the General Welfare provision, they were thinking of Americans and legal immigrants, not illegals who are now being put ahead of Americans.  Criminals were not loved and adored by the framers the way leftists today idolize them. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson