Author Topic: 55 migrant deaths reported in El Paso Sector this fiscal year  (Read 169 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
55 migrant deaths reported in El Paso Sector this fiscal year
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Jun 27, 2023 / 07:03 PM CDT

Updated: Jun 28, 2023 / 01:57 PM CDT

Border Patrol airing public service announcements warning migrants of dangers of trying to brave desert in triple-digit heat

SUNLAND PARK, New Mexico (Border Report) – Fifty-five migrants have lost their lives since Oct. 1 in El Paso and Southern New Mexico, including some who got lost in the desert and perished of heat-related illnesses.

The U.S. Border Patrol wants to prevent further deaths amid 12 consecutive days of triple-digit heat in the region. That’s why they are putting videos in English and Spanish on the internet and airing public service outreach on television to warn migrants of the danger posed by the heat.

“We want the migrants to be aware of what is going on and not become another statistic,” said Fidel Baca, a Border Patrol spokesman in El Paso. “We don’t want them to attempt to enter the U.S. illegally by putting their lives at risk, particularly in this extreme heat. We have already rescued 220 people and located 55 dead.”

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/55-migrants-deaths-reported-in-el-paso-sector-this-fiscal-year/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: 55 migrant deaths reported in El Paso Sector this fiscal year
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 12:42:44 pm »
Meh.