Author Topic: EXPOSED: Homeland Security Tried to Conceal Efforts to Censor Americans on Social Media  (Read 145 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXPOSED: Homeland Security Tried to Conceal Efforts to Censor Americans on Social Media
By Jeff Charles | 3:30 PM on June 27, 2023The opinions expressed by contributors are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of RedState.com.

The House Judiciary Committee released an interim staff report discussing several disturbing discoveries unearthed during its investigation. The document confirms that not only are federal agencies colluding with Big Tech to censor certain viewpoints, they also tried to cover up the malfeasance of those involved in the scandal. This is yet another story showing how members of the government have worked to stifle free speech on the internet.

The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), initially established as a branch of the Homeland Security Department in 2018 to protect critical infrastructure from cybersecurity threats, has expanded its scope to become a central hub for the federal government’s domestic surveillance and censorship operations on social media platforms. The report highlights how CISA collaborated with these companies to report and combat alleged misinformation and disinformation. The committee explores the agency’s attempts to conceal its activities:

In the years since its creation, however, CISA metastasized into the nerve center of the federal government’s domestic surveillance and censorship operations on social media. By 2020, CISA routinely reported social media posts that allegedly spread ‘disinformation’ to social media platforms.

By 2021, CISA had a formal ‘Mis-, Dis-, and Malinformation’ (MDM) team. In 2022 and 2023, in response to growing public and private criticism of CISA’s unconstitutional behavior, CISA attempted to camouflage its activities, duplicitously claiming it serves a purely ‘informational’ role.

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2023/06/27/exposed-homeland-security-tried-to-conceal-efforts-to-censor-americans-on-social-media-n768144
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson