Author Topic: Man fatally shot in New Mexico movie theater over seat dispute  (Read 339 times)

Online mountaineer

Man fatally shot in New Mexico movie theater over seat dispute
Associated Press
June 26, 2023 at 10:06 PM

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — An argument over seating at an Albuquerque movie theater escalated into a shooting that left a man dead and sent frightened filmgoers scrambling to flee, police said Monday.

Detectives with the Albuquerque Police Department filed charges Monday in Metropolitan Court against 19-year-old Enrique Padilla in connection with the Sunday evening shooting at a cinema complex next to an interstate highway.  ...

Witnesses told police that a man later identified as Padilla arrived at the theater with his girlfriend and found another couple in at least one of their reserved seats.

Theater staff attempted to help resolve the dispute, but it escalated with a hurled bucket of popcorn, shoving and then gunfire, according to police. Michael Tenorio, 52, was shot and died at the scene. His wife, Trina Tenorio, said he was unarmed.  ...
AP via Yahoo News
 **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Man fatally shot in New Mexico movie theater over seat dispute
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 01:40:40 pm »
What was the movie that people were willing to kill over a seat?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 02:59:14 pm »
What was the movie that people were willing to kill over a seat?
The Barbie movie, perhaps?  :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2023, 09:51:59 pm »
The Barbie movie, perhaps?  :silly:
Well, whatever it was, I think I'll wait to see it on a streaming app or not at all... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis