Author Topic: Impeachment Is The Only Way To Check Biden’s Abuse Of Power  (Read 686 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Impeachment Is The Only Way To Check Biden’s Abuse Of Power
Robert Henneke

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, recently “teased” the nation — and the media — with details of a bribery scheme involving Joe Biden, his son Hunter, and a foreign national. This occurred after an IRS whistleblower testified he was removed from the Hunter Biden criminal probe following interference by the Justice Department.

Now the Department of Justice has indicted the front-runner of the 2024 Republican nomination, former President Donald Trump, for alleged mishandling of sensitive documents. However, similar conduct regarding both the confidential documents in current President Joe Biden’s garage and Hillary Clinton’s private email server has been ignored or excused.

The response to Grassley — not only from the media but also from the White House and the FBI itself — demonstrates that a full impeachment of President Joe Biden is the only way to bring accountability to the Biden administration.

We can’t rely on law enforcement, at least not the politically compromised FBI. We also can’t rely on the media themselves to seriously question — much less seriously investigate — Biden and his cronies. What’s more, the next election is 17 months away; voters are not in a position to take action, especially when the same federal law enforcement in question has been shown to meddle in our national elections as they did in 2020 by suppressing the Hunter Biden laptop story.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2023/06/26/impeachment-is-the-only-way-to-check-bidens-abuse-of-power/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Impeachment Is The Only Way To Check Biden’s Abuse Of Power
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 03:07:20 pm »
A failed impeachment won't check anything; it will, instead, embolden them.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2023, 03:14:39 pm »
Um, there's also Congressional oversight and the House's Power of Appropriation.

Impeachment is favored by lazy and cowardly Senators and House Reps that don't want to do their day jobs.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2023, 03:34:36 pm »
A failed impeachment won't check anything; it will, instead, embolden them.

The House should do its damned job and let the chips fall where they fall! @Kamaji
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2023, 03:51:13 pm »
Impeachment is distractionary deflection and redirection for sour puss sore loser Congressmen who want to override the will of the voters.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2023, 04:03:00 pm »
Impeachment is distractionary deflection and redirection for sour puss sore loser Congressmen who want to override the will of the voters.

Impeachment is the tool our constitution gives congress to deal with rogue elements and they damned well should make use of it!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2023, 04:05:46 pm »
Impeachment is the tool our constitution gives congress to deal with rogue elements and they damned well should make use of it!

:yowsa:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2023, 04:07:33 pm »
The House should do its damned job and let the chips fall where they fall! @Kamaji

It's "damned job" is not to mindlessly spit out impeachment proceedings whenever there might arguably exist the basis for one.

Failed impeachments in an environment where the MSM is dead-set against the GOP and running cover for Biden and the democrats does nobody any favors.

You think the information would get out there in a way that it isn't already?  Hardly.  The MSM won't run reports on anything that was said in an impeachment proceeding, they would go with "idiot republicans tried once again to stop President Biden from doing his valuable work for this country by trying to impeach him."

And, if articles of impeachment got to the Senate under the current control of the democrats, the headlines would be something like "Senate rebukes republicans for wasting time and preventing President Biden from continuing to honorably serve this country."

Nothing good comes of that sort of a procedure.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2023, 04:17:23 pm »
It's "damned job" is not to mindlessly spit out impeachment proceedings whenever there might arguably exist the basis for one.

Failed impeachments in an environment where the MSM is dead-set against the GOP and running cover for Biden and the democrats does nobody any favors.

You think the information would get out there in a way that it isn't already?  Hardly.  The MSM won't run reports on anything that was said in an impeachment proceeding, they would go with "idiot republicans tried once again to stop President Biden from doing his valuable work for this country by trying to impeach him."

And, if articles of impeachment got to the Senate under the current control of the democrats, the headlines would be something like "Senate rebukes republicans for wasting time and preventing President Biden from continuing to honorably serve this country."

I fervently disagree with the assertion that nothing good happens when they use the tools they have!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2023, 04:19:55 pm »
I fervently disagree with the assertion that nothing good happens when they use the tools they have!

You're welcome to disagree as much as you want; what you cannot do, however, is make the case for a wasteful process, with a foreordained conclusion, that will simply play into the democrats' hands at this point in time.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2023, 04:22:48 pm »
@Bigun @Kamaji

By recent historical standards, Joe Biden almost certainly deserves to be impeached. Recall however, that impeachment is a political, and not a legal remedy, and as such is doomed to fail in a time of extreme political polarization.

I would far rather he be indicted under existing Federal statues for bribery and/or extortion, as well as money laundering and racketeering, the evidence for which is growing by the day.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2023, 04:24:02 pm »
You're welcome to disagree as much as you want; what you cannot do, however, is make the case for a wasteful process, with a foreordained conclusion, that will simply play into the democrats' hands at this point in time.

Doing their jobs is never a "wasteful process"!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2023, 04:27:22 pm »
@Bigun @Kamaji

By recent historical standards, Joe Biden almost certainly deserves to be impeached. Recall however, that impeachment is a political, and not a legal remedy, and as such is doomed to fail in a time of extreme political polarization.

I would far rather he be indicted under existing Federal statues for bribery and/or extortion, as well as money laundering and racketeering, the evidence for which is growing by the day.

:yowsa: So would I but I see no possibility of that with this administration in power @andy58-in-nh

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2023, 04:30:57 pm »
@Bigun @Kamaji

The problem with that is the current DOJ is highly unlikely to indict Biden.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2023, 04:32:44 pm »

I do not believe a sitting president CAN be indicted @bigheadfred

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2023, 04:35:41 pm »
I do not believe a sitting president CAN be indicted @bigheadfred

I believe it is a preference by the DOJ and not specifically defined by the Constitution.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2023, 04:52:47 pm »
I believe it is a preference by the DOJ and not specifically defined by the Constitution.

I do not disagree with that at all @bigheadfred

Can Presidents Be Prosecuted, or Sued? Professor Explains Differing Visions of Immunity

Where does the idea that the president is immune from criminal prosecution come from?

Lacking clear constitutional guidance, ideas about presidential immunity have evolved from the nation’s founding to today, and in some cases remain unsettled,...

The Supreme Court has never held that a president is immune from criminal prosecution. It’s the Department of Justice that says that. And because the Department of Justice controls all the federal prosecutors, it means that no federal prosecutor, including the new special counsel [investigating Biden’s offsite storage of classified documents], can prosecute a sitting president. The Office of Legal Counsel in the Department of Justice thinks there’s such a rule in the Constitution because it believes a criminal indictment and prosecution — and of course, punishment — would effectively incapacitate the presidency. And they further believe it’s unconstitutional to incapacitate the sitting president, and that the only means by which you can [legally] incapacitate the president are impeachment, which removes the president from office, or the 25th Amendment, which sidelines an incapacitated president. The OLC does not believe that a state prosecutor or even a federal prosecutor should be able to prosecute the president and eventually put him or her in jail, because they don’t think the Constitution would allow a local or federal prosecutor to incapacitate the chief executive.

Both excerpted from article linked at above headline.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2023, 04:56:47 pm »

That's why Merrick Garland needs to be impeached.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2023, 04:58:50 pm »
Thanks @Bigun

I was just going to post the DOJ position is based on their own OLCs opinion. And that there have been no SCOTUS decisions regarding indicting a sitting president.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2023, 05:02:02 pm »
Doing their jobs is never a "wasteful process"!

Wasting time and giving political points to the democrats is not part of their job.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2023, 05:10:13 pm »
For those who want to impeach Biden ...

Put all of your evdience in the public domain, and let the voters impeach Biden at the ballot box.

Both sides are abusing Impeachment to settle Presidential election loss vandettas.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2023, 05:11:02 pm »
Thanks @Bigun

I was just going to post the DOJ position is based on their own OLCs opinion. And that there have been no SCOTUS decisions regarding indicting a sitting president.

:yowsa: I should have included the words "in this current environment" in my initial response to you @bigheadfred

Edit to add: Every US attorney is a part of DOJ and works at the pleasure of the president so none of them will be indicting what currently passes for the president.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 05:18:52 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2023, 02:36:48 pm »

Not without a reasonable chance of conviction. It is normally useless without conviction. Right now, all it would look like is payback.

And if wishes were puppies, we'd all fly airplanes.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2023, 02:45:22 pm »

Maybe the DOJ should be impeached then?