Author Topic: How much did the Titan submersible search cost the US military?  (Read 281 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How much did the Titan submersible search cost the US military?
By David Sharp, The Associated Press
 Jun 25, 01:10 PM

PORTLAND, Maine — The cost of the unprecedented search for the missing Titan submersible will easily stretch into the millions of dollars, experts said Friday.

The massive international effort by aircraft, surface ships and deep-sea robots began Sunday when the Titan was reported missing. Searchers raced against a 96-hour clock in the desperate hope to find and rescue the vessel’s occupants before their oxygen supply ran out.

Coast Guard officials were bringing in more ships and other vessels to search for the missing Titan submersible in the North Atlantic.
But all hope was extinguished Thursday when officials announced the submersible had suffered a catastrophic implosion, killing all five aboard.

A scaled-back search remained in place Friday as the robots — remotely operated vehicles, known as ROVs — continued to scan the sea floor for evidence that might shed light on what occurred in the deep waters of the North Atlantic.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2023/06/25/how-much-did-the-titan-submersible-search-cost-the-us-military/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: How much did the Titan submersible search cost the US military?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2023, 06:58:11 pm »
On the other side of the ledger, what was the real-life training value?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 08:12:45 pm »
Both the US Navy and the mothership monitoring the dive knew it imploded shortly after it happened.

Bad form all around.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 08:39:05 pm »
The reality is it cost nothing because they would have spent that money  on training,anyhow.

Plus,even tied up at a dock while the sailors are on shore leave,it still costs money to keep the systems going.

Yeah,ALL branches of the service try to pass these expenses on to another branch because it increases their budget "Off the books" when they do.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2023, 12:02:19 am »
How much will they save not building carbon fiber DSRVs?
Or finding and addressing any flaws in this one.

Chalk it up to practice, chalk it up to basic research, either way there are gains.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis