Author Topic: The Boy on Omaha Beach  (Read 729 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The Boy on Omaha Beach
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 08:59:57 pm »
 :patriot:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023, 09:00:02 pm »
Poignant beyond words. Thank you @rangerrebew.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2023, 09:50:48 pm »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2023, 09:51:06 pm »
@rangerrebew
Thank you for this image.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 09:52:27 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2023, 10:53:37 pm »
John Steinbeck

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2023, 11:32:32 pm »
@rangerrebew

For some odd reason my vision got blurry.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2023, 12:01:45 am »
OMG...I cried all through this....

I want to thank the Father of this boy who taught his son the importance of this day...I salute them boy!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2023, 12:05:54 am »
OMG...I cried all through this....

I want to thank the Father of this boy who taught his son the importance of this day...I salute them boy!

My uncle was a 22 year-old paratrooper with the 101st Airborne that day in 1944.  He was my true, real-life hero. What a man.
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2023, 12:18:54 am »
My uncle was a 22 year-old paratrooper with the 101st Airborne that day in 1944.  He was my true, real-life hero. What a man.

Tell me he survived the war...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2023, 12:28:18 am »

Two of my mother's brothers and a brother-in-law crossed one of those Normandy beaches. One made it all the way to Berlin. All three survived the war. They, and my South Pacific Marine father, have always been my heroes. All of them now rest near my home. And BTW @sneakypete I had a REAL hard time typing this through the waterworks.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2023, 12:31:21 am »
Tell me he survived the war...

He did - with only a slight wound to his thigh. He started with the 82nd but was transferred to the “upstart” 101st. He was a trained glider pilot and a paratroop. He also jumped on the Market Garden operation in Belgium.

Growing up, he taught me and my brothers so much. One word: integrity. He showed me the ways of the northwoods. I loved felling trees with him and listen to his laugh and stories. He didn’t talk too much about the war but to say he was just doing his job.

He passed in 2021 at 99 years-old. Rest in Peace, Uncle Harvey.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2023, 12:35:04 am »

Two of my mother's brothers and a brother-in-law crossed one of those Normandy beaches. One made it all the way to Berlin. All three survived the war. They, and my South Pacific Marine father, have always been my heroes. All of them now rest near my home. And BTW @sneakypete I had a REAL hard time typing this through the waterworks.

I’m in awe of what they did. And yes, my hay fever has really kicked in.
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2023, 12:35:12 am »
He did - with only a slight wound to his thigh. He started with the 82nd but was transferred to the “upstart” 101st. He was a trained glider pilot and a paratroop. He also jumped on the Market Garden operation in Belgium.

Growing up, he taught me and my brothers so much. One word: integrity. He showed me the ways of the northwoods. I loved felling trees with him and listen to his laugh and stories. He didn’t talk too much about the war but to say he was just doing his job.

:crying: Thank you Uncle Harvey and all the others who stormed those beaches and parachuted over France that fateful day in June..
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2023, 12:51:19 am »

Your uncle Harvey would have fit right in with the group that always formed at family gatherings while they were alive @Lando Lincoln and I always wanted to hear their conversations but they clamed up when any of us got close enough to hear. Only after I returned from Vietnam did they let me in a little. I now understand why that was. Only those who had been there could understand anything they were talking about, and they did not want to have to try to explain it to them.

I salute Uncle Harvey and ALL his brothers in arms!  May they rest in peace! They certainly earned it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2023, 01:14:15 pm »
... He also jumped on the Market Garden operation in Belgium.

Monty's ____-up.

More importantly, I'm grateful for all y'all's relatives who served. My Dad and one of his brothers were 4-F. His other brother, Erwin, served in North Africa and Italy as a mechanic. He could have been an interpreter, German being his "first language", but being a "farmboy", his skills as a mechanic were more valuable (sometimes the Army actually did things that made sense, and German-speaking Americans were not uncommon in the 1940s).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2023, 05:06:54 pm »
 :patriot:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: