Author Topic: Claim: Climate Change Likely Led to Violence in early Andean Populations  (Read 249 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Claim: Climate Change Likely Led to Violence in early Andean Populations
13 hours ago Charles Rotter 53 Comments
[Round and round the p-hacking wheel goes. Where it stops, nobody knows. It is PEER-REVIEWED. It says so right down there. I wonder if they were even looking for this before they found this “correlation”.~cr]

UC Davis archaeological study points to potential competition for limited resources

Peer-Reviewed Publication

UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA – DAVIS

Climate change in current times has created problems for humans such as wildfires and reduced growing seasons for staple crops, spilling over into economic effects. Many researchers predict, and have observed in published literature, an increase in interpersonal violence and homicides when temperatures increase.

Violence during climatic change has evidence in history. University of California, Davis, researchers said they have have found a pattern of increased violence during climatic change in the south central Andes between A.D. 470 and 1500. During that time, which includes the Medieval Climatic Anomaly (ca. A.D. 900-1250), temperatures rose, drought occurred, and the first states of the Andes collapsed.

Climate change and potential competition for limited resources in the south central Andes likely led to violence among people living in the highlands at that time, researchers suggest in a new paper. Their study looked at head injuries of the populations living there at that time, a commonly used proxy among archaeologists for interpersonal violence.

“We found that decreased precipitation predicts increased rates of cranial trauma,” said Thomas J. Snyder, a doctoral candidate in the Department of Anthropology’s Evolutionary Wing and the primary author of the study.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/06/17/claim-climate-change-likely-led-to-violence-in-early-andean-populations/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
"Findings" such as this could come only from a California University. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
"Findings" such as this could come only from a California University. :thud:
Puhleeeze, there are liberal moron climate twats in universities all across America and the globe.