Author Topic: Pfizer warns of a looming penicillin supply shortage  (Read 760 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pfizer warns of a looming penicillin supply shortage
« on: June 16, 2023, 01:49:49 pm »

Pfizer warns of a looming penicillin supply shortage
June 16, 20233:20 AM ET
By
Ayana Archie

Pfizer is facing a shortage of penicillin due to increased demand and more diagnoses of syphilis, the company said in a letter to its customers this week.

The company said there is an "impending stock out situation" for select Bicillin L-A and Bicillin C-R prefilled syringes, Pfizer's brand name of injectable penicillin.

Prefilled Bicillin L-A pediatric syringes are expected to begin running low by the end of June, while all Bicillin C-R syringes could begin diminishing in the third quarter of this year.

Inventory is predicted to start recovering in the second and third quarters of 2024, Pfizer said.

Penicillin is an antibiotic used to treat various types of infections, including sexually transmitted diseases, such as syphilis and pneumonia.

more
https://www.npr.org/2023/06/16/1182626821/pfizer-penicillin-shortage
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Pfizer warns of a looming penicillin supply shortage
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 01:51:20 pm »
Penicillin is an antibiotic used to treat various types of infections, including sexually transmitted diseases, such as syphilis and pneumonia.

Since when did pneumonia become a STD?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 03:06:59 pm »
Since when did pneumonia become a STD?

Either the NPR writer was sloppy or, well, I don't want to know :thud: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 03:10:33 pm »
Either the NPR writer was sloppy or, well, I don't want to know :thud: .

I'm guessing grammatical sloppiness.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 03:18:00 pm »
 ////00000////

Should I be wearing a condom when I cough?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2023, 04:09:35 pm »
Golly, all these drug shortages, from chemotherapy drugs to basic antibiotics. Is Bill Gates popping the cork on the bottle of champagne to celebrate the increased number of deaths?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2023, 04:20:47 pm »
The writer is confusing Chlamydia pneumoniae with Chlamydia trachomatis. The first is not an STI and the second one is and is the commonly (only) called Chlamydia.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2023, 06:31:02 pm »
////00000////

:silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2023, 07:26:33 pm »
////00000////

Nice.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2023, 07:28:28 pm »
On your head, maybe.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2023, 08:14:02 pm »
Golly, all these drug shortages, from chemotherapy drugs to basic antibiotics. Is Bill Gates popping the cork on the bottle of champagne to celebrate the increased number of deaths?
I have been watching this, because I used to order veterinary antibiotics to have on hand when I was in the field. Yep, I took them, they worked, and I suffered no ill effects while getting rid of the infection that was a problem. When the wait to see a doctor (outside a $1500.00 ER visit) was two weeks or more, it was not only prudent, but a potential lifesaver.

That supply started drying up when COVID hit, with one of the primary and most trusted manufacturers simply discontinuing their whole product line. The capsules were identical to the ones for humans at the pharmacy, and often had expiration dates further out than the ones from the pharmacy.
The entire line from penicillin to cipro disappeared overnight.

Since then, it has been more difficult to get antibiotics, with suppliers demanding double the prices from pre-COVID days, not to mention Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine being restricted like opioid pain pills.

I guess neither the bug nor the jabs were sufficiently deadly, so different means will be used to ensure 'enough' people die, whatever that goal is. Combine this with 'supply chain problems' induced in part by California's restrictions on trucks, baby food shortages, energy/travel restrictions which will be imposed, and the coming food shortage from closing farms and the Ukraine war, and something is seriously wrong with the way things are being run.
The storm is a little too perfect, imho, for coincidence, and I'm an adherent to Gibbs Rule 39, anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2023, 08:33:45 pm »
////00000////

More effective than the mask! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2023, 09:23:39 pm »
If you're into growing your own, I recommend this book:

He's an old hippie, but he knows his stuff.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2023, 02:36:53 am »
If you're into growing your own, I recommend this book:

He's an old hippie, but he knows his stuff.
Thanks, I did not have that one. Ordered!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis