Author Topic: Do Any Republicans Really Think DeSantis Won’t Get Impeached Or Framed By The FBI? Joy Pullmann  (Read 1353 times)

Online roamer_1

The standard the founders set was for statesmen. Not career minded professional pols.

Ok... But my caution remains the same as with all big changes... Unintended consequences. Such a thing needs studied, careful thought.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Who’s Jill?

RDS's wife @debrawiest  Her given name is "Jill Casey Black".

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

RDS's wife @debrawiest  Her given name is "Jill Casey Black".

I did not know that. Only ever heard her referred to as Casey.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Kamaji

The standard the founders set was for statesmen. Not career minded professional pols.

I think the Founders understood that there would be a fair share of professionals - and worse.

Even among the members of the First Congress there were a number who were (from their state-level days), or who became, career politicians.

Offline Kamaji

Ok... But my caution remains the same as with all big changes... Unintended consequences. Such a thing needs studied, careful thought.

Exactly. 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I agree it would take a lot of thought. I wouldn't call for limits that would cut people off at the knees. The term limit for POTUS was to stop a monarch type head. But I view 30,40 50+ year terms as too much. And those long term pols are monarchs in my estimation.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mountaineer

I did not know that. Only ever heard her referred to as Casey.
For some reason, the anti-RDSers think it's an insult to use her first name. As someone who also goes by her middle name, let me assure you: it isn't.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

I think the Founders understood that there would be a fair share of professionals - and worse.

Even among the members of the First Congress there were a number who were (from their state-level days), or who became, career politicians.

And a whole lot of em were... *GASP*... Lawyers.

Online roamer_1

I agree it would take a lot of thought. I wouldn't call for limits that would cut people off at the knees. The term limit for POTUS was to stop a monarch type head. But I view 30,40 50+ year terms as too much. And those long term pols are monarchs in my estimation.

Far more important to me would be to put the states back in the game - At least with the power to impeach and replace senators that do not follow the interest of the state.

Online libertybele

For some reason, the anti-RDSers think it's an insult to use her first name. As someone who also goes by her middle name, let me assure you: it isn't.

Even at that they are being just plain childish.  It's something Trump would do, so they follow in his footsteps.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

And a whole lot of em were... *GASP*... Lawyers.

Yup.

Online roamer_1

Even at that they are being just plain childish.  It's something Trump would do, so they follow in his footsteps.

That's right - 'Destroy the enemy' by any means, just like a Democrat... Only they are aiming at a Conservative.

A conservative Tumpy will need if he ascends. They have not learned a damn thing. Piss everybody off that won't go your way. Use any handy lie to advance your cause. Falsely shame and insult people to make them go your way...

And then wonder why no one wants to follow.

Offline Kamaji

That's right - 'Destroy the enemy' by any means, just like a Democrat... Only they are aiming at a Conservative.

A conservative Tumpy will need if he ascends. They have not learned a damn thing. Piss everybody off that won't go your way. Use any handy lie to advance your cause. Falsely shame and insult people to make them go your way...

:thumbsup:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Far more important to me would be to put the states back in the game - At least with the power to impeach and replace senators that do not follow the interest of the state.
@roamer_1

Abolish the 17th amendment. Would you be in favor of states being able to recall reps?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I'm starting to think that doesn't matter that much to them at all.

They're all convinced he really won in 2020 because it was all rigged, and also that it's rigged for 2024.  So they don't expect him to win.

If by some miracle he does win, they think that 90% of other Republicans are "Deep Staters" who will just obstruct him so he can't get anything done.  And I think most of them accept that as almost inevitable.

So to them, this election really isn't about "fixing" anything, or accomplishing much of anything anyway.  They think that's futile, and we've all already "lost".  Notice the new article today - that the left will do the same thing to DeSantis that they're doing to Trump anyway.

So what this all really is about is virtue signaling to like minded-people, and proving to themselves that they're the "right" kind of Americans.  It isn't about winning because they believe it's all lost anyway. All of our arguments about how Trump is doomed to failure fall on deaf ears because they think any conservative would be equally doomed.

Basically, they're drunk the kool-aid already.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 12:05:55 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

Abolish the 17th amendment. Would you be in favor of states being able to recall reps?

Senators, yes. Representatives, no - That's the People's house, according to the design.

If a representative has done something wrong, I do believe the People should have a right of recall (as written into state law), and the House already has the right of impeachment... And the governor or the legislature of the state should appoint the interim rep, awaiting the next vote of the People.

If it were proper, the state should have total control of their senators, according to how the state sees fit... By governor's appointment, or by the legislature... The senators are supposed to serve their state, and should not be elected by popular vote. And that which the state appoints, the state can take away.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I can agree to that. As long as senators can only be recalled by a concise breach of contract. And not at merely the whim of a newly elected opposition ruling party.

@roamer_1

Online roamer_1

I'm starting to think that doesn't matter that much to them at all.

They're all convinced he really won in 2020 because it was all rigged, and also that it's rigged for 2024.  So they don't expect him to win.

If by some miracle he does win, they think that 90% of other Republicans are "Deep Staters" who will just obstruct him so he can't get anything done.  And I think most of them accept that as almost inevitable.

So to them, this election really isn't about "fixing" anything, or accomplishing much of anything anyway.  They think that's futile, and we've all already "lost".  Notice the new article today - that the left will do the same thing to DeSantis that they're doing to Trump anyway.

So what this all really is about is virtue signaling to like minded-people, and proving to themselves that they're the "right" kind of Americans.  It isn't about winning because they believe it's all lost anyway. All of our arguments about how Trump is doomed to failure fall on deaf ears because they think any conservative would be equally doomed.

Basically, they're drunk the kool-aid already.

I think it starts in being misinformed about what a president is.
They seem to see him as the 'will of the People', and in that, imbued with something close to emperor-like super powers... That he can speak and it is law... and everyone must follow.

It ain't ever been so in these United States.

They also seem to see him as king of the Republicans, and that all beneath him must step and fetch, with no understanding *at all* about the factions within the Republican party, and why a president would have to be required to build coalitions and reach consensus.

And finally, they seem to think the mantle of Conservatism is inherited and passes automatically onto his shoulders, as the robe to go with his crown... And that is the most laughable of all.

I was told that Tumpy has the unreserved backing of the TEA Party... 'Taxed Enough Already', a movement started in Dr. Ron Paul's camp, a libertarian conservative movement if there ever was one, has given Tumpy's big government ways every blessing...

Which is nothing short of delusion.

Online roamer_1

I can agree to that. As long as senators can only be recalled by a concise breach of contract. And not at merely the whim of a newly elected opposition ruling party.

@roamer_1

I am willing to meet you there... In fact, I would be happy, simply for either the governor or legislature to be able to impeach/recall on their own authority for cause, appointing an interim senator and leave election with the People (which I think could be doable)...

One way or another, the state needs to have a say in things again. Natively, they held power in the Senate. And that needs to be restored.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@roamer_1

Absolutely. Let the State Legislature recall the Senators it elects and the People recall Representatives in the House.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

I am willing to meet you there... In fact, I would be happy, simply for either the governor or legislature to be able to impeach/recall on their own authority for cause, appointing an interim senator and leave election with the People (which I think could be doable)...

One way or another, the state needs to have a say in things again. Natively, they held power in the Senate. And that needs to be restored.

Yes, the FEDS have taken power away from the States and that power needs to be returned to the States.  That is the purpose of the Convention of States; an Article V convention which function is to propose amendments that “impose fiscal restraints on the federal government and limits the power and jurisdiction of the federal government. IOW power is returned to the States.

Keep in mind that An Article V convention is called by the state legislatures for the purpose of proposing amendments to the Constitution. It is not a constitutional convention. It cannot throw out the Constitution because its authority is derived from the Constitution.

As of 2023, 19 states have passed an application for the Convention of States:

1. Georgia March 6, 2014

2. Alaska April 19, 2014

3. Florida April 21, 2014

4. Alabama May 22, 2015

5. Tennessee February 4, 2016

6. Indiana February 29, 2016

7. Oklahoma April 26, 2016

8. Louisiana May 25, 2016

9. Arizona March 13, 2017

10. North Dakota March 24, 2017

11. Texas May 4, 2017

12. Missouri May 12, 2017   

13. Arkansas February 14, 2019   

14. Utah March 5, 2019

15. Mississippi March 27, 2019

16. Wisconsin January 25, 2022

17. Nebraska January 28, 2022

18. West Virginia March 4, 2022

19. South Carolina March 29, 2022

IMHO the time frame to do this happened awhile ago when the majority of state legislatures were predominantly conservative.

Right now, would be a dangerous time to implement this, though I do believe it is needed.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Senators, yes. Representatives, no - That's the People's house, according to the design.

If a representative has done something wrong, I do believe the People should have a right of recall (as written into state law), and the House already has the right of impeachment... And the governor or the legislature of the state should appoint the interim rep, awaiting the next vote of the People.

If it were proper, the state should have total control of their senators, according to how the state sees fit... By governor's appointment, or by the legislature... The senators are supposed to serve their state, and should not be elected by popular vote. And that which the state appoints, the state can take away.

:thumbsup: