Author Topic: Your Federal Government In Action: The SEC  (Read 330 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Your Federal Government In Action: The SEC
« on: June 14, 2023, 03:41:51 pm »
Your Federal Government In Action: The SEC

June 13, 2023/ Francis Menton

The original idea of the “independent” administrative agencies was to place the details of governing a complex economy in the hands of wise experts.  These experts would be removed from tawdry and corrupting political influences, and would straightforwardly apply neutral principles to achieve fairness and justice in our society.

In the real world, every federal administrative agency, with especial emphasis on the supposedly “independent” ones, becomes larger, more power-hungry, and more corrupt with every passing year.  Somehow, it’s in the nature of the job as federal bureaucrat to believe that you can perfect the world by seizing ever more power unto yourself, imposing more and more rules whether or not authorized by statute, and crushing anyone who gets in your way.  Biden’s presidency has accelerated these trends toward infinity...

Excerpt: Rest at headline link
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

Re: Your Federal Government In Action: The SEC
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 04:13:55 pm »
Good article.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 05:41:02 pm »
Good article.

It is a highly important article that should be widely read but it's not looking good for that at present.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 02:48:28 am »
BTTT

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien