Author Topic: Musk says Unabomber who died last week ‘might not be wrong’ that tech is bad for humanity  (Read 262 times)

Offline Kamaji

Musk says Unabomber who died last week ‘might not be wrong’ that tech is bad for humanity

By Shannon Thaler
June 12, 2023

Elon Musk said on Saturday that the Unabomber — despite his twisted, homicidal rampage that killed three people and injured two dozen more — “might not be wrong” in his belief that technology is detrimental to society.

The billionaire tweeted the comment the same day the Unabomber, whose real name was Ted Kaczynski, died in his jail cell aged 81 after nearly three decades in prison.

Starting in 1978, Kaczynski waged a 17-year, anti-tech campaign by constructing 16 homemade bombs and mailing them to people he believed were destroying the environment and creating a more technically advanced society.

The explosives made Kaczynski the most prolific bomber in American history.

While living as a hermit in a Montana cabin, making bombs and evading authorities for 20 years, Kaczynski penned a 35,000-word manifesto titled “Industrial Society and Its Future,” a scathing writeup against technology and leftist views.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/12/musk-says-unabomber-might-not-be-wrong-that-tech-is-bad/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I've read a good chunk of his manifesto. It's eerily prophetic in some places. Doesn't take away from him being a psycho nut job terrorist, but his writings are coherent enough to be thought provoking.
The Republic is lost.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Given that a lot of people can't function without a phone, they are right..
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The CIA's MKUltra ... the gift that keeps on giving.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline PeteS in CA

Technology, whether rocks or super computers is a good or evil, helpful or harmful, as the user(s).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
There are downsides to tech sure, but at present population levels we'd have massive famine without technology, period.

Offline Kamaji

I've read a good chunk of his manifesto. It's eerily prophetic in some places. Doesn't take away from him being a psycho nut job terrorist, but his writings are coherent enough to be thought provoking.

True enough.