Author Topic: Conservative revolt in House alarms Senate GOP  (Read 315 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Conservative revolt in House alarms Senate GOP
« on: June 11, 2023, 10:23:41 pm »
 Conservative revolt in House alarms Senate GOP
by Al Weaver - 06/11/23 5:15 PM ET

Senate Republicans are growing increasingly concerned with the antics of House conservatives as they paralyze business in the lower chamber with key legislative battles looming in the coming months.

Eleven conservative members blocked a handful of messaging bills from reaching the House floor for votes last week — and vowed to keep doing so — effectively grinding the chamber to a halt over Speaker Kevin McCarthy’s (R-Calif.) handling of debt ceiling talks last month.

This is giving Republicans across the Capitol agita as they brace for it to be a preview of coming attractions. Lawmakers still need to pass government funding bills, the farm bill and the annual National Defense Authorization Act, among other things, in the near term.

“They’re going to have to sort it out over there. Maybe there’s some bruised feelings. … There’s a lot of governing to do,” Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.), a former House member, told The Hill. “If you’re just going to pull the lever for the sake of pulling the lever — yes or no — as a protest, there’s too many important things out there that we need to have addressed with thought.”

McCarthy’s debt ceiling package won well north of a majority of support in the House, including two-thirds of his conference.

The bill received less GOP support in the Senate, where 31 Republicans voted against it, but many in the upper chamber gave the Speaker high marks for his negotiations with the White House.

Nevertheless, some Senate Republicans are dismayed by what happened last week with their House counterparts. Adding insult to injury, there is no indication yet that conservatives will yield and allow the House to continue to conduct its usual business when members reconvene on Monday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4043199-senate-gop-alarmed-conservative-revolt-paralyzed-house/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Conservative revolt in House alarms Senate GOP
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 05:33:56 pm »
Its those danged Freedom Caucus members, sez The Shill.  How predictable.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 05:50:40 pm »
“The House is emotional,” Sen. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.) told reporters, that it generally “reflects the mood of the country.”

You bet the country is emotional!!!  We have a president that has little cognitive ability, billions have gone to Ukraine, and the debt ceiling deal was a disaster.  The Brandon administration has left us energy dependent again, we have runaway inflation and runaway spending, and the DOJ is blatantly corrupt.

McCarthy has already proven he isn't conservative nor acting on behalf of what is best for our country.  He needs to lose his seat.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 05:52:26 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 05:56:37 pm »
Its those danged Freedom Caucus members, sez The Shill.  How predictable.

I've come to the point of refusing to read anything coming from The Hill!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2023, 05:58:36 pm »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2023, 08:14:22 pm »
I've come to the point of refusing to read anything coming from The Hill!

It's gotten to where I can spot a story from The Shill just by the headline.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: