Author Topic: Accommodation vs. Prevention  (Read 162 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Accommodation vs. Prevention
« on: June 09, 2023, 01:05:15 pm »
Accommodation vs. Prevention

PUBLISHED:  Wed, JUN 7th 2023 @ 9:03 am EDT  by  Jeremy Beck

As the border crisis spreads out across American towns and cities, two general approaches have emerged.

The first - epitomized by the House-passed H.R. 2 - is prevention: hire legal workers; return or detain inadmissible aliens; grant parole on a case-by-case basis for its intended purposes (such as a medical emergency). The United States Senate just rejected the first attempt to get the law on the President's desk (vote here).

The second is accommodation: create new pathways for unauthorized migrants to be released into the United States; disperse them among as many cities and towns as possible; and create new programs to mitigate the burden on receiving communities. This is the status quo approach.

Based on reporting from The Washington Post, roughly 15,000 unauthorized migrants are being released every week. That works out to over 750,000 over the course of a year. Expect those numbers to rise once people adjust to the post-Title 42 reality.

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/accommodation-vs-prevention
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson