Author Topic: Gavin Newsom wants 28th Amendment for guns in U.S. Constitution  (Read 575 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

Governor Newsom Proposes Historic 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution to End America’s Gun Violence Crisis

SACRAMENTO – Today Governor Gavin Newsom proposed a 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution to enshrine fundamental, broadly supported gun safety measures into law. While leaving the 2nd Amendment unchanged and respecting America’s gun-owning tradition, the Governor’s proposal guarantees common sense constitutional protections and gun safety measures that Democrats, Republicans, independent voters, and gun owners overwhelmingly support – including universal background checks, raising the firearm purchase age to 21, instituting a firearm purchase waiting period, and barring the civilian purchase of assault weapons.

“Our ability to make a more perfect union is literally written into the Constitution,” said Governor Gavin Newsom. “So today, I’m proposing the 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution to do just that. The 28th Amendment will enshrine in the Constitution common sense gun safety measures that Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and gun owners overwhelmingly support – while leaving the 2nd Amendment unchanged and respecting America’s gun-owning tradition.”

The 28th Amendment will permanently enshrine four broadly supported gun safety principles into the U.S. Constitution:

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2023/06/08/28th-amendment/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Gavin Newsom wants 28th Amendment for guns in U.S. Constitution
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 11:50:13 pm »
Hey, Gavin...

(thank you, Johnny!)

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2023, 04:32:18 am »
Cooking the frog, foot in the door, lie to the public neo-Nazi destroy basic freedoms of a free people.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 02:25:15 pm »
Sasquatch, Yeti, and Chupacabra will be caught having a summit conference before his propose amendment passes. That said, Noisome's proposal has an intrinsic admission unpalatable to gun-grabbers: the Second Amendment trumps their gun-grabbing laws and regs, and it will take a constitutional amendment to "fix" that "loophole".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2023, 04:40:54 pm »
I doubt this will go very far. 

I'm still waiting for him to announce he's running against Brandon.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2023, 04:58:46 pm »
The governor of California has no idea how the amendment process works
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2023, 10:28:38 pm »

Like the part where Governors have nothing to say about introducing Amendments.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2023, 10:32:02 pm »

Perception surpasses reality for the left... It's the intentions that count - not the consequences.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2023, 10:37:23 pm »
I'm sure they'll figure it out - and learn from their "mistake" with the ERA.  They'll have Congress pass the amendment, but without any time limit for the individual states to ratify it.  They will then spend the next 30 years slowly, state-by-state, getting enough states to ratify it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2023, 05:05:14 am »
Maybe,but none of them are going to be willing to do it and face losing their pensions and benefits.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!