Author Topic: AOC seizes on Canadian wildfire smoke covering East Coast for new Green New Deal push  (Read 473 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 June 7, 2023 3:21pm EDT
AOC seizes on Canadian wildfire smoke covering East Coast for new Green New Deal push
US 'must adapt our food systems, energy grids, infrastructure' to combat the 'climate crisis,' says New York Democrat
By Brianna Herlihy | Fox News

Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Wednesday pushed the Green New Deal on Twitter in reaction to record-hot temperatures in Puerto Rico and wildfire smoke from Canada overwhelming U.S. East Coast cities, saying the world is "unprepared" for the "climate crisis."

"Between NYC in wildfire smoke and this in PR, it bears repeating how unprepared we are for the climate crisis," the Democrat from New York stated Wednesday

"We must adapt our food systems, energy grids, infrastructure, healthcare, etc ASAP to prepare for what’s to come and catch up to what is already here," she said.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1666239629555560449

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-seizes-canadian-wildfire-smoke-covering-east-coast-new-green-new-deal-push
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 08:41:04 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

Oh bullshit.  Would somebody please shut this stupid little twit up?

Offline roamer_1

Yeah. Re-rig the system to open up logging and forest maintenance.
Reap the profits and forestall the pollution.

That'll help.

All y'all back east: Look out your window and see the difference. See the truth. Even a smog-filled NYC can't hold a candle to forest fires. But it's all  y'all that are stopping us from stopping them... And causing so much pollution that it makes your big cities look like pikers.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Oh bullshit.  Would somebody please shut this stupid little twit up?

As long as liberal idiots keep voting for her, she'll be around for awhile.  Another scary thought; she will be 35 in October of '24 which gives her less than one month before the elections to qualify and get on the ballot. I don't know what the rules are for filling out the paperwork; I don't know if she can fill out paperwork and submit it at the last minute.

I have little doubt that she'll run in '28....if our Republic survives.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Maybe she should call for a "Mask Mandate".  Liberal love the mask.  Remember masks are safe, and effective and prevent the spread of second hand smoke.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

So brave, so smart. That Sandy Cortez is such a gem.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah. Re-rig the system to open up logging and forest maintenance.
Reap the profits and forestall the pollution.

That'll help.

All y'all back east: Look out your window and see the difference. See the truth. Even a smog-filled NYC can't hold a candle to forest fires. But it's all  y'all that are stopping us from stopping them... And causing so much pollution that it makes your big cities look like pikers.
:yowsa: 888high58888 :beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

Whenever any article starts with this line,

“Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez” expect a journey into pure nonsense if you read beyond that

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Whenever any article starts with this line,

“Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez” expect a journey into pure nonsense if you read beyond that

:thumbsup:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
So much like democrats to create the crisis, especially enviromental ones, then come out with, they will save us with toxi poison solutions to save us.  Like democrats using gun violence, much promoted by their allies in the media, to promote gun control that makes the gun violence even worse.  Arm Mexican drug Lords, disarm lawful American citizens agendas, also exposing just how phony they really are.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline PeteS in CA

*****rollingeyes***** Those aren't wildfires, those are Mega-SUVs blowing coal!!! 22222frying pan
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.