Author Topic: Migrants stage pavement protest outside London hotel, demand private rooms and better Wi-Fi  (Read 467 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Migrants stage pavement protest outside London hotel, demand private rooms and better Wi-Fi

The group of 40 migrants are threatening to sleep rough outside the hotel until the U.K. Home Office agrees to its demands
June 02, 2023
editor: REMIX NEWS
author: Thomas Brooke

Better Wi-Fi, more financial assistance, and private rooms were just some of the demands made by migrants who demonstrated outside the doors of their new hotel accommodation in an upscale residential area of central London on Thursday.

The group of adult men, many of whom arrived in Britain illegally in small boats via the English Channel with a view to claiming asylum, used their suitcases to barricade the front doors to the Pimlico Comfort Inn and staged a pavement protest against what they consider to be offensive living standards afforded to them by the British government.

The group was recently transferred from a hotel in Ilford, Essex, but told reporters that their new accommodation was not to their taste and refused to return to their rooms until they are each provided with private accommodation.

“They said we’re going to move you to another, better place. They gave us this postcode. When we checked on Google Maps, we said, oh this is very nice. But when you get in, it’s like a jail. And they treat you very, very bad. They treat you like an animal,” a 21-year-old Iranian national who arrived in Britain via small boat told The Telegraph newspaper.

more
https://rmx.news/migrant-crisis/migrants-stage-pavement-protest-outside-london-hotel-demand-private-rooms-and-better-wi-fi/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Over there doesn't "Migrants" mean Muzzies?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Dearest Migrants,

It has come to our attention that you are unhappy with the accommodations provided for you, the funding you have recieved, and all the benefits which have been generously tendered by His Majesty's Government, which has thus far most amicably made such benefits available.

Perplexed by this show of dissatisfaction, and apologetically unable to offer more, we entreat you to remove yourselves from the Kingdom, forthwith and posthaste, to some other part of the globe which may be more to your liking.

Just go, with our blessings.

Signed

(Whatever adjunct to the assistant secretary of the appropriate subminister.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum