Author Topic: BRUTAL DeSantis campaign ad rips Trump for not firing Fauci  (Read 11111 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: BRUTAL DeSantis campaign ad rips Trump for not firing Fauci
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2023, 07:19:52 pm »
It's always better to see what was being said at the time rather than listening to those trying to rewrite history.  This is from July 11, 2020:

Then there's the schools in Florida, where in July 2020, DeSantis threatened districts if they did not reopen:

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2020/07/09/gov-ron-desantis-doubles-down-on-schools-reopening-full-time-in-august/

IIRC the MSM screAMED super spreader events would happen in FL because of DeSantis reckless disregard of The Scarf and Jab Trolls lockdown edict.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2023, 07:39:52 pm »
IIRC the MSM screAMED super spreader events would happen in FL because of DeSantis reckless disregard of The Scarf and Jab Trolls lockdown edict.

I think that's why this line of attack on DeSantis will fail - most people remember that DeSantis became the punching bag for Fauci and the left precisely because he defied them so openly.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2023, 08:39:17 pm »
However you side with this it would be nice for all the contenders to start firing on Biden. And don't let up.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2023, 09:10:38 pm »
However you side with this it would be nice for all the contenders to start firing on Biden. And don't let up.

....hmmm....apparently Trump would rather go after a conservative governor than Brandon.  Just like he went after Hillary.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2023, 09:18:58 pm »
There’s a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on on this issue. Unlike others, I tend to be a little bit more forgiving towards Donald Trump on this particular issue. He was new to politics, and don’t forget that the media was blaming him for the Covid deaths and quite effectively.

I just hope that everybody learned a good lesson from the Covid experience going forward
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2023, 09:25:58 pm »
There’s a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on on this issue. Unlike others, I tend to be a little bit more forgiving towards Donald Trump on this particular issue. He was new to politics, and don’t forget that the media was blaming him for the Covid deaths and quite effectively.

I just hope that everybody learned a good lesson from the Covid experience going forward

He'd been president for more than 3 years when that crisis hit.

To me, it is an absolutely perfect piece of evidence that Trump's political career has been all about his ego right from the start. He only latched onto the GOP because he thought that was his best opportunity.   He's not conservative, he's not progressive. He's just about Trump.

And so when it came down to a choice between doing the right thing, or taking the path he thought most likely to get him reelected, he chose the latter without a moment's hesitation.

I mean look at how he justifies it even today. He doesn't say he made a mistake, he doesn't say he did anything wrong. He just keeps repeating that he would have been attacked politically had he chosen a different course.  And that's what the guy thinks as of today.

Why in the world should we assume that he's changed when he still saying the exact same thing now?

It's a particularly lame excuse when we all saw how a guy 30 years younger became the punching bag for the entire media when he chose to defy Fauci. But DeSantis didn't care about the criticism - he did the right thing anyway, and let the political chips fall where they may.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 09:29:02 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2023, 09:47:29 pm »
He'd been president for more than 3 years when that crisis hit.

To me, it is an absolutely perfect piece of evidence that Trump's political career has been all about his ego right from the start. He only latched onto the GOP because he thought that was his best opportunity.   He's not conservative, he's not progressive. He's just about Trump.

And so when it came down to a choice between doing the right thing, or taking the path he thought most likely to get him reelected, he chose the latter without a moment's hesitation.

I mean look at how he justifies it even today. He doesn't say he made a mistake, he doesn't say he did anything wrong. He just keeps repeating that he would have been attacked politically had he chosen a different course.  And that's what the guy thinks as of today.

Why in the world should we assume that he's changed when he still saying the exact same thing now?

It's a particularly lame excuse when we all saw how a guy 30 years younger became the punching bag for the entire media when he chose to defy Fauci. But DeSantis didn't care about the criticism - he did the right thing anyway, and let the political chips fall where they may.

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2023, 11:28:32 pm »
Since it seems like,according to the "Conservatives" on TBR that everything that went wrong,all the way back to the founding of this country was Trump's fault,so why should I even bother to vote?

Never seen,or even heard of so much jealousy and hatred being spewed at any political figure as is spilled here daily.

Why should anyone who is not on the DeSanctimonious train even  bother to vote?

I AM,of course,going to vote for Trump if for no other reason than to piss off all you "political purists" who hate and envy him (and don't even TRY to lie about jealousy over his wealth) because he is rich,rude,and Orange.

It's not like I am going to live long enough for it to really affect me,so you Trump haters are buying your tickets,and don't even  THINK about bitching over the "ride you take".

Although  to be fair,I strongly suspect the DNC will already have all the votes they need for their candidate to win printed out and locked up long before election day.

But don't worry about that. At least you didn't vote for anybody that was rude and rich.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2023, 11:43:34 pm »
So you are going to vote for Trump to piss us off?  Do you have any convictions at all?

I don't have any convictions. Except for the when I was caught selling dope while disguised as a nun.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2023, 11:49:29 pm »

I am not forgiving. COVID is one of the things I backed Tumpy on... He had the truth in his face to start with... And then he folded like a 2 dollar lawn chair.

Chickenshit.

*JUST* for the administrative outlawing of antivirals, he is responsible for every death that may not have been. And that runs into millions.

That is wholly unforgivable. And that necessarily came from the work of HIS pen.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2023, 11:55:09 pm »
Since it seems like,according to the "Conservatives" on TBR that everything that went wrong,all the way back to the founding of this country was Trump's fault,so why should I even bother to vote?

Never seen,or even heard of so much jealousy and hatred being spewed at any political figure as is spilled here daily.

Why should anyone who is not on the DeSanctimonious train even  bother to vote?

I AM,of course,going to vote for Trump if for no other reason than to piss off all you "political purists" who hate and envy him (and don't even TRY to lie about jealousy over his wealth) because he is rich,rude,and Orange.

It's not like I am going to live long enough for it to really affect me,so you Trump haters are buying your tickets,and don't even  THINK about bitching over the "ride you take".

Although  to be fair,I strongly suspect the DNC will already have all the votes they need for their candidate to win printed out and locked up long before election day.

But don't worry about that. At least you didn't vote for anybody that was rude and rich.

As rants go, @sneakypete ... Pretty lame.

:yawn2: :boring:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2023, 12:16:01 am »
So you are going to vote for Trump to piss us off?  Do you have any convictions at all?

@Jack Russell

No,I am going to  vote for Trump because it PLEASES me to vote for him.

It also pleases me to piss you anti-Trump cretins off,so it will be a "twofer" for me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2023, 12:18:22 am »
As rants go, @sneakypete ... Pretty lame.

:yawn2: :boring:

@roamer_1

Happy to disappoint you. It will help you adjust to the daily  disappointments if either DeSanctimonious or Biden is in the WH after the next election.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2023, 12:20:36 am »

I'm totally on board with the rich, rude, and orange part.  It's the 'spend money like a Democrat' part that I can't get past.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2023, 12:44:21 am »

I keep hearing things like Trump wasn't a politician, and now you say he was new to politics, well I disagree with both as a New Yourk contractor he was well versed in politics. What trump wasn't and still isn't is knowledgeable about how our American government works nor was he capable of working with congress to get laws passed to have lasting achievements and I just don't see anything different if he is elected this time.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2023, 12:45:18 am »
I keep hearing things like Trump wasn't a politician, and now you say he was new to politics, well I disagree with both as a New Yourk contractor he was well versed in politics. What trump wasn't and still isn't is knowledgeable about how our American government works nor was he capable of working with congress to get laws passed to have lasting achievements and I just don't see anything different if he is elected this time.

:thumbsup:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2023, 01:15:12 am »
@roamer_1

Happy to disappoint you. It will help you adjust to the daily  disappointments if either DeSanctimonious or Biden is in the WH after the next election.

@sneakypete

Dunno if DeSantis will disappoint, but according to his record, I surely doubt he will...

I already know that Tumpy and Buydem will disappoint me greatly. Just about anything is better than those two jokers.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2023, 01:49:26 am »
I am not forgiving. COVID is one of the things I backed Tumpy on... He had the truth in his face to start with... And then he folded like a 2 dollar lawn chair.

Chickenshit.

*JUST* for the administrative outlawing of antivirals, he is responsible for every death that may not have been. And that runs into millions.

That is wholly unforgivable. And that necessarily came from the work of HIS pen.

It was obvious by mid-May at the latest that the claimed 2% mortality rate massively overstated the actual mortality rate by as much as a factor of ten.  Yet the Trump Administration failed to change the guidance it was providing to the country.

The return to school guidelines were being set by Fauci after getting input from the teachers' union.   Who of course had absolutely no incentive whatsoever to get paid without really working.(/sarc)  Young kids missed developmental and socialization time they will never get back.  Older kids missed their first dance, their proms, etc..  We as a country stole almost two years from the lives of our kids.  It was absolutely infuriating then, and it remains infuriating now.

I remember seeing this commercial in my state -- one of the ones where they were pushing masking and social isolation.  And this teary nurse was crying because she had to hold the hands of people who were dying because nobody else was allowed to see them.  And I remember thinking "if you can sit in there holding someone's hand, why won't you let a husband/wife, or parent, or children, or sibling do the same??  It was freaking madness, and the person who was supposed to have our interests in mind was asleep at the switch.  Livelihoods were destroyed, the work ethic was crushed, and we went trillions more into debt.

But that was the only choice, because otherwise the left and media might have gotten mad at our fearless and allegedly swamp-draining leader.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2023, 01:55:54 am »

@GtHawk

Who  IS?

Assuming of course,we are talking about laws that will save America from globalism.

If you are talking about laws that will strengthen Globalism,there is no shortage of candidates from either branch  of the Uni-Party. Globalism means more money and more power to them.

BTW,this woman was standing in line at a bank,NOT at a hospital.

Anyone else think it might be interesting to see a poll to see if anyone else is seeing masks worn by people outside of hospital environments?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 02:03:32 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2023, 02:01:02 am »

one of the ones where they were pushing masking

@Maj. Bill Martin

I actually saw an old woman wearing one of those cheap paper masks today. PROBABLY close to 70,and skinny.

She might as well have. been wearing an "I support Biden" t-shirt.

Even the hospital I go to in order to get my legs treated has stopped handing them out or even requiring their staff to wear them.

Any of you still see masks when you go somewhere for medical care?

Online DB

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2023, 02:02:52 am »
It was obvious by mid-May at the latest that the claimed 2% mortality rate massively overstated the actual mortality rate by as much as a factor of ten.  Yet the Trump Administration failed to change the guidance it was providing to the country.

The return to school guidelines were being set by Fauci after getting input from the teachers' union.   Who of course had absolutely no incentive whatsoever to get paid without really working.(/sarc)  Young kids missed developmental and socialization time they will never get back.  Older kids missed their first dance, their proms, etc..  We as a country stole almost two years from the lives of our kids.  It was absolutely infuriating then, and it remains infuriating now.

I remember seeing this commercial in my state -- one of the ones where they were pushing masking and social isolation.  And this teary nurse was crying because she had to hold the hands of people who were dying because nobody else was allowed to see them.  And I remember thinking "if you can sit in there holding someone's hand, why won't you let a husband/wife, or parent, or children, or sibling do the same??  It was freaking madness, and the person who was supposed to have our interests in mind was asleep at the switch.  Livelihoods were destroyed, the work ethic was crushed, and we went trillions more into debt.

But that was the only choice, because otherwise the left and media might have gotten mad at our fearless and allegedly swamp-draining leader.

And yet no one was responsible for it all... Not even those in charge...

Online roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2023, 02:30:31 am »
@GtHawk

Who  IS?

Assuming of course,we are talking about laws that will save America from globalism.

That, according to his record, is DeSantis...

Online roamer_1

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2023, 02:34:10 am »

All I know is my sainted Mother, suckin horse paste, because them sonsabiches, all of them, made it the only option. We didn't lose anyone, but them bastards brought us low, for no reason.

And I ain't EVER gonna forget it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2023, 02:35:38 am »
And yet no one was responsible for it all... Not even those in charge...

Certainly not poor Tumpy... He can't help it...  9999hair out0000

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2023, 02:38:40 am »
That, according to his record, is DeSantis...

@roamer_1

ROFLMAO!

Yeah,and one and a half-termer in a state with a majority supporting him.