Author Topic: Ex-Vice-President Mike Pence joins White House race  (Read 570 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Ex-Vice-President Mike Pence joins White House race
« on: June 05, 2023, 09:50:09 pm »
Ex-Vice-President Mike Pence joins White House race

Former US Vice-President Mike Pence has officially filed paperwork to join an increasingly crowded field of Republicans running for president.

Mr Pence, 63, is set to formally launch his campaign with a video, speech and townhall event in the early voting state of Iowa on Wednesday.

The move pits him against Donald Trump, the man he served in the White House for four years from 2017-21.

The former president is currently polling well ahead in the race.

Most opinion polls show Mr Pence in a distant third place, with support in the low single digits.

The former Indiana governor and congressman is expected to position himself as a continuation of the Trump administration's conservative agenda, without the baggage.

Mr Pence, who describes himself as "a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order", was an unswervingly loyal deputy to Mr Trump through much of their four years in office.

But he has distanced himself from his old boss since the riot by Trump supporters at the US Capitol in January 2021.

Mr Trump pressured Mr Pence to overturn Joe Biden's election victory when he presided over the certification of results in Congress and admonished him for lacking "courage" when he refused.

Some rioters were heard chanting "hang Mike Pence" as they stormed the halls of Congress, and many Trump loyalists view him as a traitor.

The former vice-president said in March that Mr Trump's encouragement of the rioters had "endangered my family and everyone at the Capitol that day"...........................

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65813361
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mountaineer

Re: Ex-Vice-President Mike Pence joins White House race
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 09:56:33 pm »
This is just pathetic.
Lindsey Graham
@LindseyGrahamSC
Mike Pence is one of the hardest working and most decent people I have ever known. 

The field has grown in a very good way by his decision to throw his hat in the ring for the 2024 Republican Presidential nomination.  He has much to offer the country.
2:00 PM · Jun 7, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 02:04:03 am »
Is it okay to ask who Pence is working for yet?

"Benedict Pence keeps lying about J6  Nobody told him to “overturn the election.  There was widespread fraud & state legislatures wanted to investigate further. Pence had the power to facilitate that, but certified the fraud instead. He betrayed his oath" (Video)

https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status/1666515160251375640

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 02:10:33 am »
I had a chance to listen to him speak a little bit while driving into town and I swear I almost fell asleep behind the wheel
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 02:29:43 am »
Thanks to Mike Pence, fraud in the election of a President is now protected by Congress ----

Dec 19, 2022

The legislation, which would overhaul the 1887 Electoral Count Act, was included as part of a massive $1.7 trillion government funding bill that the Senate passed on Thursday and the House passed on Friday. It will now go to President Joe Biden to be signed into law.

The measure to overhaul the Electoral Count Act would clarify that the vice president’s role in overseeing the electoral result certification in Congress is strictly ceremonial. It would raise the threshold to make it harder for lawmakers to force votes attempting to overturn a state’s certified result (return questionable totals to their respective statehouses for recertification).

It would also make it more difficult for members of Congress to attempt to overturn an election (identify potential fraud) by increasing the threshold for the number of House and Senate members required to raise an objection to election results when a joint session of Congress meets to certify them.

The legislation “raises the threshold to lodge an objection to electors to at least one-fifth of the duly chosen and sworn members of both the House of Representatives and the Senate,” according to a fact sheet.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/23/politics/congress-legislation-january-6-capitol-attack/index.html

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 02:37:35 am »
DC_Draino
@DC_Draino

Benedict Pence: “President Trump told me to overturn the election”

No, he told you to send fraudulent election results back to state legislatures for further review as allowed under the Constitution

Don’t let this backstabbing Judas rewrite history

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·Jan 6, 2021

States want to correct their votes, which they now know were based on irregularities and fraud, plus corrupt process never received legislative approval.  All Mike Pence has to do is send them back to the States, AND WE WIN. Do it Mike, this is a time for extreme courage!

2:57 PM · Jun 7, 2023

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 03:04:40 am »
   Example A: Of why Cruz and DeSantis turned down Trump's VP offer.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 11:40:00 am »
I had a chance to listen to him speak a little bit while driving into town and I swear I almost fell asleep behind the wheel
As scintillating as watching paint dry.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2023, 12:09:48 pm »
If you Google "Milquetoast", next to the definition there is a picture of Pence.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2023, 12:33:52 pm »

Go Pence;!!!!!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2023, 12:35:08 pm »
Just like Biden, I have never met or seen a pro "Pence for President" group or even a single fan.
I thought Pence running for President was a kind of joke. Never thought he would actually do it.
Who does he think is going to vote for him?

Since everyone knows he has no chance, then there must be an ulterior agenda.
I imagine he thinks he can do more damage to Trump as a candidate than in the bleachers.
There must be something else going on since, obviously, NOBODY is going to vote for him for POTUS.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2023, 05:00:28 pm »
 pointing-down

"Pence is lying about January 6th." (Video)

https://twitter.com/SebGorka/status/1666625599220187136