Author Topic: DAVID BLACKMON: The EU Chief Just Let Slip The Dirty Secret Behind The ‘Green’ Transition  (Read 169 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DAVID BLACKMON: The EU Chief Just Let Slip The Dirty Secret Behind The ‘Green’ Transition
OPINIONBELGIUM-EU-G7-SUMMIT

DAVID BLACKMON IS AN ENERGY WRITER AND CONSULTANT BASED IN TEXAS. HE SPENT 40 YEARS IN THE OIL AND GAS BUSINESS, WHERE HE SPECIALIZED IN PUBLIC POLICY AND COMMUNICATIONS.
May 17, 2023
11:26 AM ET

In a May 15 speech to an EU-sponsored event appropriately titled “The Beyond Growth Conference,” European Commission President Ursula Von Der Leyen said out loud what the climate alarm movement has been trying to keep under wraps for a decade: That economic de-growth enforced by authoritarian governments is a fundamental element of its agenda.

Von Der Leyen didn’t blurt it right out, of course: It was all couched in carefully written code words and phrases, but a close reading of her speech leaves no real room for doubt about the message. In her view — and apparently the view of the European Parliament — the time for economic de-growth has come.

“I today want to concentrate on one point, and that is a point that the report got right beyond any doubt: That is the clear message that a growth model centred on fossil fuels is simply obsolete,” Von Der Leyen told her rapt audience, before moving onto a reference to the Club of Rome, and its famous 1972 report titled “Limits to Growth.” That report has served as a basic handbook for the de-growth movement ever since.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/05/17/opinion-the-eu-chief-just-let-slip-the-dirty-secret-behind-the-green-transition-david-blackmon/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"...and its famous 1972 report titled “Limits to Growth.” That report has served as a basic handbook for the de-growth movement ever since."

I'll admit to being the only member of this forum who believes that any sane future must be based upon the reality that there ARE "limits to growth", and that at some point we'll be pushing hard against them. And that point may not be all that far off in the future.

Why, there's one gal who posts here from Florida who has, on a number of occasions, remarked about how the place she lives in is becoming too crowded. What would her county be like with 6x the population it has now?

Must every place look like New Jersey (within 30 miles of NYC) before folks on the right start saying, "this is enough... this is more than enough..." ??

If "growth is good", then why aren't the tens of millions who will arrive in the next two years "good", illegal or not? The more, the better, right?

Right...?