Author Topic: Residents, business owners fleeing Dem-run cities in droves as homeless camps wreak havoc: 'Absolute  (Read 653 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 16, 2023 2:00am EDT
Residents, business owners fleeing Dem-run cities in droves as homeless camps wreak havoc: 'Absolute madness'
'When is enough going to be enough?' Austin business owner tells Fox News Digital
By Andrew Mark Miller | Fox News

Residents of major Democrat-run cities across the country are sounding the alarm about the growing number of homeless encampments as government policies do little to help – and in some cases, make things worse.

The increasingly visible crisis has resulted in business owners fleeing some areas as some residents describe feeling less safe.

"I felt safer when I was walking around in downtown Saigon when I was in Vietnam than I do here in Portland," 83-year-old Vietnam veteran Armand Martens told Fox 12 Oregon about a homeless encampment rife with reports of drugs, thefts and multiple fires. In one incident, exploding propane tanks sent his neighbors running and screaming in fear.

Real estate developer Dustin Michael Miller told "Fox & Friends First" that he’s moving his business out of the city after his office was riddled with bullets in an incident he called "absolute madness."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/residents-business-owners-fleeing-dem-run-cities-droves-homeless-camps-wreak-havoc-absolute-madness
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

You get what you vote for.

Offline verga

Elections just like actions have consequences.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It's really tempting to say "just let those cities die because the people get what they vote for."

The problem is that in all of those cities, there are people who 1) didn't vote for this, and 2) lack the means to move.  Maybe they've got family businesses they can't move, or lack the money, etc..  So I do feel very, very sorry for those people.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The problem is those tend to be locusts. They voted for it for decades, then flee when it came back to bite them, then continue voting for the same as the cycle repeats.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

It's really tempting to say "just let those cities die because the people get what they vote for."

The problem is that in all of those cities, there are people who 1) didn't vote for this, and 2) lack the means to move.  Maybe they've got family businesses they can't move, or lack the money, etc..  So I do feel very, very sorry for those people.

I feel sorry for them as well, but if they cannot vote with their feet, then it is incumbent upon them to start cajoling and persuading their fellow residents to vote for something other than the same old stupid liberalism.  After all, it's not like they just woke up one morning to a full-blown liberal government after having gone to bed the night before with a non-liberal government.  They had plenty of time to see what was coming down the pike, and try to do something about it.

Offline NavyCanDo

Homeless camps here in Western Washington, particularly the greater Seattle Tacoma area is out of control. Its only May and the drug overdose deaths have already surpassed the entire year of 2020.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Homeless camps here in Western Washington, particularly the greater Seattle Tacoma area is out of control. Its only May and the drug overdose deaths have already surpassed the entire year of 2020.
I have two nieces who live in Bremerton, I just took a look at the crime stats and it's not the place my wife's sister and BIL made it out to be or maybe just like a lot of places it went downhill fast.

Offline libertybele

**nononono* 8888crybaby    I feel for those who are drug dependent and I also feel for those having to leave the area. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

I feel sorry for them as well, but if they cannot vote with their feet, then it is incumbent upon them to start cajoling and persuading their fellow residents to vote for something other than the same old stupid liberalism.  After all, it's not like they just woke up one morning to a full-blown liberal government after having gone to bed the night before with a non-liberal government.  They had plenty of time to see what was coming down the pike, and try to do something about it.

@Kamaji from experience, sometimes you can try to inform people of what is happening and trying to make them aware of what the future holds, calling your representatives and knocking on their doors, campaigning for someone who would bring change, etc., and it doesn't do a darn bit of good.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

Businesses get hurt by thefts and sacred homeless sleeping and excreting on the sidewalks and doorways in front of businesses. Even in 2014 I saw a business person in SF hosing down the sidewalk in front of his business.

Residents get hurt by sacred homeless trashing, camping in, and leaving used needles in parks. Children cannot play safely in playgrounds! I remember in 2013 walking by a SF park early in the AM (Rock ‘n’ Roll SF Half) and it looked like every square foot was occupied by a sacred homeless person.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.