Author Topic: ‘Bear The Brunt’: Dems Rip Biden’s Plan To Handle Migrant Surge After Trump-Era Border Policy’s End  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Bear The Brunt’: Dems Rip Biden’s Plan To Handle Migrant Surge After Trump-Era Border Policy’s End
Jennie TaerMay 9, 20230

Several Democrats are lashing out against the Biden administration for not preparing sufficiently for a migrant surge expected when the Trump-era border order Title 42 ends May 11.

Democratic Gov. Katie Hobbs and Democratic Arizona Rep. Ruben Gallego criticized the Biden administration for not doing enough to prepare for the migration wave when Title 42 ends. The Biden administration has put forward a plan it hopes will address the surge that consists of erecting migrant processing facilities in Latin America and increasing legal pathways to entry.

Hobbs said Friday that her state is prepping for the expected migrant influx “largely without support from the federal government,” according to The Washington Post.

Gallego, who is running for Senate, sent four letters to the Biden administration Thursday calling for more resources for his state and better communication.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2023/05/bear-the-brunt-dems-rip-bidens-plan-to-handle-migrant-surge-after-trump-era-border-policys-end/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson