Author Topic: Exposing The Wind And Solar Power Myth: The Necessary Miracle Doesn’t Exist  (Read 134 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY BRYAN LEYLAND ON MAY 12, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Exposing The Wind And Solar Power Myth: The Necessary Miracle Doesn’t Exist

nuclear plant pennsylvaniaMany governments in the Western world have committed to “net zero” emissions of carbon in the near future. The US and UK both say they will deliver by 2050.

It’s widely believed that wind and solar power can achieve this. This belief has led the US and British governments, among others, to promote and heavily subsidize wind and solar. [emphasis, links added]

These plans have a single, fatal flaw: they are reliant on the pipe dream that there is some affordable way to store surplus electricity at scale.

In the real world, a wind farm’s output often drops below 10 percent of its rated “capacity” for days at a time. Solar power disappears completely every night and drops by 50 percent or more during cloudy days.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/exposing-the-wind-and-solar-power-myth-the-necessary-miracle-doesnt-exist/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson