Author Topic: Hours Before Title 42 Ends, Migrant Bus Arrives At Kamala Harris' Doorstep  (Read 387 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hours Before Title 42 Ends, Migrant Bus Arrives At Kamala Harris' Doorstep
Rohan Parakkad / May 12 2023, 02:02 AM EST

On Thursday, hours before Title 42 was scheduled to come to an end, a busload of migrants from Texas arrived at Vice President Kamala Harris' residence in Washington, DC.

According to NBC News, more than 30 migrants, including men, women, and children from Venezuela, were left outside the U.S. Naval Observatory, which houses the vice president's official residence.

The bus was the second to arrive at the Naval Observatory in less than 24 hours; the first vehicle dropped off roughly 40 people, according to the source.

Since last year, Texas has been transporting immigrants to Harris' residence and other liberal hotspots in an effort to highlight the difficulties border states are facing as a result of the immigration problem and refute the Biden administration's assertions that the border is secure.

As of last week, 1,249 migrants from 370 families were housed at three local hotels, according to a statement from the District's Department of Human Services.

https://www.latintimes.com/hours-before-title-42-ends-migrant-bus-arrives-kamala-harris-doorstep-544042
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why isn't Clarence Thomas being targeted?  Surely democrats find some way to tie him to the immigration crisis! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

This accomplishes nothing.  Does it stop the invasion?  No.  It merely demonstrates what is happening.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Busing migrants to sanctuary cities and states spreads the pain and the costs.

If the Federal Government is going to be abdicate all responsibility for immigration and border enforcement, municipalities, counties, and states must take it upon themselves to find their own solutions.

A Dem White House and Dem Congressmen are more likely to heed the cries of Dem mayors and governors than GOP governors.  That's the sad fact.  Until it effects them and their communities directly, the Dems won't do anything to control the borders and immigration.

Limousine Bleeding-heart Liberals don't give a damn about anyone other than themselves and their smug, pretentious, and sanctimonious rich friends.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

Busing migrants to sanctuary cities and states spreads the pain and the costs.

If the Federal Government is going to be abdicate all responsibility for immigration and border enforcement, municipalities, counties, and states must take it upon themselves to find their own solutions.

A Dem White House and Dem Congressmen are more likely to heed the cries of Dem mayors and governors than GOP governors.  That's the sad fact.  Until it effects them and their communities directly, the Dems won't do anything to control the borders and immigration.

Limousine Bleeding-heart Liberals don't give a damn about anyone other than themselves and their smug, pretentious, and sanctimonious rich friends.

I agree with you in theory, but ILLEGALS shouldn't be allowed to enter in the first place.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Illegal immigrants are supposed to be here ... that's what makes them illegal.

If the Federal Government is going to be derelict in its duty to defend and secure the Border, then municipality, county and state governments are forced to fill the void.

The Federal Government is responsible for all states and all citizens.

State governments have to do what is in the best interest of THEIR state's residents.

The void created by the Federal Government will lead to each state fending for itself, at the expense of other states.  This is what the Federal Government has let happen.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

Illegal immigrants are supposed to be here ... that's what makes them illegal.

If the Federal Government is going to be derelict in its duty to defend and secure the Border, then municipality, county and state governments are forced to fill the void.

The Federal Government is responsible for all states and all citizens.

State governments have to do what is in the best interest of THEIR state's residents.

The void created by the Federal Government will lead to each state fending for itself, at the expense of other states.  This is what the Federal Government has let happen.

And then you have an near anarchy system

What will the Biden administration do if individual states and municipalities try to enforce immigration law? My guess is that they will send Garland after them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DefiantMassRINO

States and municipalities cannot enforce Immigration law.  The best they can do is to move the problem to another municipality or state so their constituents are spared the costs for caring for them.

The last one to hold the hot potato loses.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RINO huffs:
"States and municipalities cannot enforce Immigration law."

I'm going to ask, "why not"?
Yes, the Constitution says it's one of the tasks of the federal government.

But... when the federal government shirks its responsibilities?
When it REFUSES to enforce its own laws?

I think this would make an interesting test at the Supreme Court:
Does a state have the right and prerogative to enforce a "federal" law, if:
a. The federal government chooses not to enforce it,
and
b. The state's actions are in compliance with the written [federal] laws.

???

Offline berdie

RINO huffs:
"States and municipalities cannot enforce Immigration law."

I'm going to ask, "why not"?
Yes, the Constitution says it's one of the tasks of the federal government.

But... when the federal government shirks its responsibilities?
When it REFUSES to enforce its own laws?

There was an Arizona governor not long ago that was slapped down by the SC for enforcing Federal immigration law. I'm waiting for them to step on Texas for doing the same.

I think this would make an interesting test at the Supreme Court:
Does a state have the right and prerogative to enforce a "federal" law, if:
a. The federal government chooses not to enforce it,
and
b. The state's actions are in compliance with the written [federal] laws.

???