Author Topic: Former ICE Director Calls Border Crisis ‘Largest Homeland Security Intelligence Failure Since 9/11’  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Former ICE Director Calls Border Crisis ‘Largest Homeland Security Intelligence Failure Since 9/11’

By Adam Michael Molon
May 10, 2023
Border Security

Tom Homan, former director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), in an exclusive interview with The Epoch Times, described the crisis at the United States’ southern border as “the largest homeland security intelligence failure since 9/11,” adding that the problem will only exacerbate with the lifting of Title 42 on May 11.

The ending of Title 42, a COVID-19 pandemic-era policy implemented by the Trump administration allowing officials to quickly expel illegal immigrants, is going to cause an increase in border crossings, Homan said, adding that the Biden administration is already “releasing pretty much everybody as it is.”

“What’s happening to the southern border right now, in my opinion, after doing this for 35 years, is the largest homeland security intelligence failure since 9/11,” Homan said. “This is a huge national security failure.”

https://www.ntd.com/exclusive-former-ice-director-calls-border-crisis-largest-homeland-security-intelligence-failure-since-9-11_918408.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson