Author Topic: Hugh Hewitt: Expect An LBJ 1968 Withdrawal From Biden Next Year  (Read 353 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Hugh Hewitt: Expect An LBJ 1968 Withdrawal From Biden Next Year
Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date May 8, 2023

Hugh Hewitt on Monday told 'Special Report' host Bret Baier he expects President Joe Biden to exit the presidential race like President Lyndon B. Johnson did in 1968. LBJ announced in March of 1968 that he would not seek another term.

"Gallup came in at 38% approval. So the ABC/Washington Post poll at 36 does not sound like an outlier. You got the money quote. It's the one I have written down. I have a hell of a lot of wisdom and I know more than the majority of people. That's not how one runs for the presidency. And I ask myself what does General Secretary Xi, what does Vladimir Putin, what does the Ayatollah Khomeini think about Joe Biden and I think they think he is infirm because that's what I see and that's what I hear. And I think the American people coming to the recognition he really can't do this," Hewitt said.

"I'm expecting an LBJ '68 exit sometime next year," Hewitt said.

"You are?" Baier asked.

"Yes," he said. "I don't think can he do it. I don't think his wife is going to let him do it and his friends certainly should be counseling him not to do it."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/05/08/hugh_hewitt_expect_an_lbj_1968_withdrawal_from_biden_next_year.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Hugh Hewitt: Expect An LBJ 1968 Withdrawal From Biden Next Year
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 04:57:16 pm »
I stopped listening to Hewitt many years ago when he went all moderate Mr. nice guy on the dems, since then I have a total MEH! attitude to him.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 07:55:41 pm »
I think he's right.

I'll bet there is a whole lot of maneuvering behind the scenes for who is going to replace him, because it won't be Kamala.  Primaries don't include Veeps, so she'd have no more votes committed to her at the convention than anyone else.

I would not be completely shocked to see Hillary's name bubble up.

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 09:51:05 pm »

I would not be completely shocked to see Hillary's name bubble up.

I think she’s finished

She’s almost as old as Joe Biden. If the Democrats replace Joe Biden, it will be with someone younger. Hillary is just as loathed by the general public as Donald Trump is.

But can you imagine another 2024 rematch with Hillary and Trump? We’d have both of them whining about their election loss throughout the campaign

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 09:53:34 pm »
Been saying this for weeks..... :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 10:40:02 pm »
Major Bill wrote:
"I think he's right.
I'll bet there is a whole lot of maneuvering behind the scenes for who is going to replace him, because it won't be Kamala."

Please take 30 seconds and carefully read this post I put up two days ago:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,499041.msg2827626.html#msg2827626

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2023, 12:56:27 am »
Major Bill wrote:
"I think he's right.
I'll bet there is a whole lot of maneuvering behind the scenes for who is going to replace him, because it won't be Kamala."

Please take 30 seconds and carefully read this post I put up two days ago:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,499041.msg2827626.html#msg2827626

It all depends on when he drops out, though.  If it doesn't happen until after the primaries, you'd have a battle at the convention, and they'd have to find a generally acceptable compromise candidate.

That's the only scenario where Hillary might make it, as something of a compromise candidate.