Author Topic: 45 migrants locked inside a refrigerated tractor trailer set to 35 degrees  (Read 868 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Chief Raul Ortiz
@USBPChief

Smugglers do not care about human life! Agents conducting operations at our Falfurrias checkpoint discovered 45 migrants locked inside a refrigerated tractor trailer set to 35 degrees. Amazing work by our Agents to locate and save the lives of these migrants.

https://twitter.com/USBPChief/status/1654214723431268353
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Did they send them back to Mexico to warm up?  Why not?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Eventually the only solution will be... to CLOSE the US/Mexico border.
Close it COMPLETELY.
NOTHING goes across.
No personal traffic.
No vehicle traffic.
No COMMERCIAL traffic.
No RAIL traffic.

NOTHING.
Just a wall from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific.
Make it resemble the Berlin Wall.

Works for me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Just out of curiousity,WHY did the trucker set the reefer temp at 35 degrees?

WHAT did he or she have to gain?

Makes no sense at all to me.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

It does if you want them dead!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It does if you want them dead!

@rangerrebew

That makes no sense to  me. If you you stop the truck and force them off of it,you have an  empty truck,the money you were paid to transport them,and are free to go about your business.

If you kill them,you have to dispose of the bodies. Extra work,extra risk,and no monetary gain.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
True!  But the extra work means there are no witnesses to identify you as a human smuggler.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Just getting them ready to ship up north.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
True!  But the extra work means there are no witnesses to identify you as a human smuggler.
Having them 'in the fridge' makes it hard to determine time of death, too after the bodies are dumped.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

I don't know, does the border checkpoint use thermal scanning on the trailers? If so maybe it was an attempt to thwart it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't know, does the border checkpoint use thermal scanning on the trailers? If so maybe it was an attempt to thwart it.

@GtHawk

Good thinking! I suspect that may have been the reason it was done,and the trucker just forgot to  turn the thermostat up once he cleared customs.