Author Topic: The US Air Force has retreated from Taiwan without a shot fired  (Read 108 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

The US Air Force has retreated from Taiwan without a shot fired
Story by David Axe • 5h ago

The US Air Force is the biggest and most powerful air force in the world: but maybe not for long. The service is struggling through twin crises – one of money, another of belief in itself – that could narrow its aerial advantage.

At best, the USAF might emerge a smaller but still world-leading force. At worst, it might cede its lead to its most dangerous rival, the Chinese People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF). It has already made something that looks awfully like a retreat from the Western Pacific, withdrawing squadrons in the face of the growing Chinese menace.

The USAF isn’t the only American armed service that’s shrinking while its Chinese adversary is growing. After wasting billions of dollars on ships that don’t work, the US Navy is contracting even as Xi Jinping’s fleet is expanding.

The Air Force’s problem is similar. A quarter-century ago, the USAF committed to spending much of its $250 billion annual budget on the Lockheed Martin-made F-35 Lightning II stealth fighter – a plane which has been beset by cost overruns and reliability problems.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-us-air-force-has-retreated-from-taiwan-without-a-shot-fired/ar-AA1aGjM9?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e4a8005c2d994d13a14945e6b822f870&ei=18
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The US Air Force has retreated from Taiwan without a shot fired
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 05:05:01 pm »
The AF Chief of Staff is supposedly the leading candidate for Chairman of the Joint Chiefs.  His problem is he isn't gay, a trannie, or a woman - at least not that I am aware of.  He does fit the Biden profile for a great chairman, willing to withdraw at the least sign of trouble, is woke, and will be a real problem for what is left of our allies. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson