Author Topic: Arizona border hospital out $26M for migrant care hopeful for payment source as Title 42 end nears  (Read 115 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Arizona border hospital out $26M for migrant care hopeful for payment source as Title 42 end nears
May 3, 2023, 4:25 AM

BY KTAR.COM

PHOENIX — An Arizona hospital near the U.S.-Mexico border out millions for providing medical care to migrants is hopeful it will soon secure a source to pay for the treatments.

Yuma Regional Medical Center, the only hospital in a 180-mile radius of the border city, has racked up more than $26 million in medical bills in the past year for patients that need care but cannot provide payment.

Machele Headington, vice president of marketing and support services, said conversations with local, statewide and national leaders have been productive.

“I think that they’ll do what they can to help us get the resources,” Headington said. “We just have to start identifying some funding to be able to do that because it just isn’t a long-term sustainable model to keep doing this for a long period of time.”

https://ktar.com/story/5485812/arizona-border-hospital-out-26m-for-migrant-care-hopeful-for-payment-source-as-title-42-end-nears/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson