Author Topic: Eight House Republicans Join Democrats to Protect China from U.S. Tariffs  (Read 635 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Eight House Republicans Join Democrats to Protect China from U.S. Tariffs

John Binder 28 Apr 2023

A group of eight House Republicans joined the majority of Democrats to support President Joe Biden’s suspension of United States tariffs on suspected China-made solar panels. Nonetheless, a bill to reverse the tariff suspension passed the House with support from 209 Republicans and 12 Democrats.

In June 2022, Biden announced a 24-month tariff moratorium on solar panel imports from Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Malaysia. Commerce Department officials suspect that the solar panels are actually made in China but have been routed through the four southeast Asian nations to avoid U.S. tariffs on China-made solar panels.

The suspension of tariffs came even as Biden’s Commerce Department found that BYD Hong Kong rerouted its production through Cambodia, Canadian Solar, Trina through Thailand, and Vina Solar through Vietnam for the sole purpose of avoiding the tariffs.

On Friday, 209 House Republicans and 12 Democrats passed a resolution to reverse Biden’s tariff suspension while eight House Republicans — primarily from New York — joined 194 Democrats to oppose the effort.

The eight House Republicans who backed Biden’s tariff waivers are:

Rep. John Curtis (R-UT)
    Rep. Anthony D’Esposito (R-NY)
    Rep. Andrew Garbarino (R-NY)
    Rep. Nicholas LaLota (R-NY)
    Rep. Mike Lawler (R-NY)
    Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY)
    Rep. Mariannette Miller-Meeks (R-IA)
    Rep. Marcus Molinaro (R-NY)

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/04/28/eight-house-republicans-join-democrats-to-protect-china-from-u-s-tariffs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Notice that the majority of them are from NY. RINO'S!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Suckers should be put on Auto-Primaried. 

Traitors within.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
China is having their manufacturing done in Third-Party countries, to get around the tariffs/sanctions.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Seeing Massie's name on there is extremely disappointing
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Eight House Republicans Join Democrats to Protect China from U.S. Tariffs"

But... hey!
They believe in "free trade" !!

Ahem.
How many others in this forum want to step up and shout that out ???

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Eight House Republicans Join Democrats to Protect China from U.S. Tariffs

John Binder 28 Apr 2023

A group of eight House Republicans joined the majority of Democrats to support President Joe Biden’s suspension of United States tariffs on suspected China-made solar panels. Nonetheless, a bill to reverse the tariff suspension passed the House with support from 209 Republicans and 12 Democrats.

In June 2022, Biden announced a 24-month tariff moratorium on solar panel imports from Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Malaysia. Commerce Department officials suspect that the solar panels are actually made in China but have been routed through the four southeast Asian nations to avoid U.S. tariffs on China-made solar panels.

The suspension of tariffs came even as Biden’s Commerce Department found that BYD Hong Kong rerouted its production through Cambodia, Canadian Solar, Trina through Thailand, and Vina Solar through Vietnam for the sole purpose of avoiding the tariffs.

On Friday, 209 House Republicans and 12 Democrats passed a resolution to reverse Biden’s tariff suspension while eight House Republicans — primarily from New York — joined 194 Democrats to oppose the effort.

The eight House Republicans who backed Biden’s tariff waivers are:

Rep. John Curtis (R-UT)
    Rep. Anthony D’Esposito (R-NY)
    Rep. Andrew Garbarino (R-NY)
    Rep. Nicholas LaLota (R-NY)
    Rep. Mike Lawler (R-NY)
    Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY)
    Rep. Mariannette Miller-Meeks (R-IA)
    Rep. Marcus Molinaro (R-NY)

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/04/28/eight-house-republicans-join-democrats-to-protect-china-from-u-s-tariffs/

@mystery-ak

Obviously the best representatives that money can buy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Title:
"Eight House Republicans Join Democrats to Protect China from U.S. Tariffs"

But... hey!
They believe in "free trade" !!

Ahem.
How many others in this forum want to step up and shout that out ???

@Fishrrman

HEY!

*I* believe in free trade,too.

What I don't support is "bought and paid for trade",and there ain't no such critter as free trade with a communist country because their products are produced by slave labor.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

Brought to you by the Chamber of Commerce.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Notice that the majority of them are from NY. RINO'S!
Gotta keep in mind NY has banned or blocked the pipelines that would bring in most else, right back to when they banned fraccing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
What if we had a government interested in interests to America, instead of interests of foreigners and foreign enemies?
Wheres respect for Americans instead of respect for hostile foreign enemies, not US?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions