Author Topic: Geothermal engineers might have a hot future in the Army  (Read 118 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Geothermal engineers might have a hot future in the Army
« on: April 28, 2023, 05:40:31 pm »
Geothermal engineers might have a hot future in the Army
By
Logan Nye
Updated on
Apr 27, 2023

SUMMARY
If you need an inexhaustible source of steady power, what’s even better than a nuclear reactor? Well, the military is now targeting geothermal engineers to harness geothermal energy. It’s basically…

If you need an inexhaustible source of steady power, what's even better than a nuclear reactor? Well, the military is now targeting geothermal engineers to harness geothermal energy. It's basically a nuclear reactor that contains about a third of the earth's mass and can never meltdown. And you can pee on it safely. If you're into that. Or you could eat off of it. Or like, tailgate, I guess. Look, it's really safe.

What is geothermal?

If you're not at the forefront of the lava flow that is the geothermal energy, here's a quick primer. The earth has a bunch of molten rock in it, right? Hence the lava reference. And that molten rock is insanely hot, thanks to immense pressure, friction, and nuclear reactions in the earth's core. That heat transfers up into the mantle, then the earth's crust, and is then captured.

Engineers target areas where underground reservoirs constantly turn into pressurized steam from the heat. But newer tech allows for geothermal fracking, where engineers inject water and other chemicals into the crust to gather up that same heat, then the resulting steam flows to a turbine or a heat exchanger.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/military-news/geothermal-engineers-in-the-army/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Geothermal engineers might have a hot future in the Army
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 05:47:51 pm »
This will never gain steam under Biden.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley