Author Topic: Florida Scores Huge Win for Free and Fair Elections Over Marc Elias and an Obama Judge  (Read 280 times)

Offline Kamaji

Florida Scores Huge Win for Free and Fair Elections Over Marc Elias and an Obama Judge

By streiff
April 27, 2023

On Thursday, a panel of the 11th US Circuit Court of Appeals handed Florida Governor Ron DeSantis a huge victory over Marc Elias, judicial overreach, and industrial strength stupidity. By a 2-1 decision, with an Obama judge dissenting, the panel upheld nearly all of Florida’s overhaul of voting rules in May 2021. I would call it controversial, but it was only controversial to people whose lives depend upon supporting vote fraud.

Background
In May 2021, the Florida legislature passed a major overhaul of state election law. The law’s goals were to make elections more transparent and trustworthy while outlawing known abuses of the system, particularly those abuses that came into being based on the whim of unelected officials and judges to allegedly allow the system to cope with an election during a pandemic.

These are bullet points that describe what the Florida law does.

We Can’t Have Clean Elections Because That Would Be Racist
Because all of this is common sense, it must be racist. And almost immediately upon Governor DeSantis signing the bill into law, Marc Elias’s Democracy Docket sued using the Democrat AstroTurf group, League of Women Voters (this is the kind of thing that can convince a feminist that the 19th Amendment was a bad idea) as a plaintiff.

The suit landed before Chief U.S. District Judge Mark Walker of the Northern District of Florida, who was appointed by Barack Obama. So despite Chief Justice John Roberts getting the heebie-jeebies whenever someone comments on who appointed a judge to the bench, that does make a difference.

Chief U.S. District Judge Mark Walker, in a blistering 288-page decision, said the law placed restrictions on voters that were unconstitutional and discriminated against minority citizens. Those included limits on drop boxes used for mail-in voting, on giving items to voters waiting in line and new requirements placed on voter registration groups.

Off to a Real Court
Governor DeSantis immediately appealed to the Eleventh Circuit. The Eleventh Circuit granted Florida an injunction against Walker’s bizarre ruling because an election was imminent. The order granting the injunction ominously noted that “we find the district court’s historical-background analysis to be problematic” and “the district court failed to properly account for what might be called the presumption of legislative good faith.”

Today, that court delivered a death blow to Walker’s delusions of grandeur.

Eleventh Circuit Decision
The only thing the Eleventh Circuit didn’t do with Walker’s ruling was roll it up and stick it in his eye.

Source:  https://redstate.com/streiff/2023/04/27/florida-scores-huge-win-for-free-and-fair-elections-over-marc-elias-and-an-obama-judge-n737957

Offline Kamaji

@libertybele

RDS, gettin' it done!

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

RDS, gettin' it done!

888high58888   Thanks for posting; good information. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Chief U.S. District Judge Mark Walker  Needs to be removed.  This guy is a flaming liberal and his rulings are not based in law.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Chief U.S. District Judge Mark Walker  Needs to be removed.  This guy is a flaming liberal and his rulings are not based in law.

He ain't the only one my friend! There is a lot of that going on these days!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@libertybele

RDS, gettin' it done!
And getting it done by getting laws passed unlike that guy that did everything by EO's that got erases the second he was out the door.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Looks like the law plugs alot of potential holes.
The Republic is lost.