Author Topic: Memo to GOP: The way to 2024 victory is with winner DeSantis — not loser Trump  (Read 2022 times)

Offline libertybele

I hadn't heard of Brandon either until Obama's reign of terror and transforming our Republic.  Brandon is merely finishing "the job".
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I really hadn't heard of him till he claimed O'bummer was an articulate negro

@Wingnut

I have chemo brain,so my memory ain't what it used to be,but I honestly don't remember hearing his name until he ran for President.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Do you think MI. and PA. are unattainable because the votes aren't there or because the election aparati have been so screwed in those states that NO Republican can win now? @massadvj

I spend half the year in Pennsylvania. I think the demographics here have now put this state in the blue column for good.  Too many older voters have died or moved out, and even the legislature has gone Dem.  I don't see any Republican winning here.  As for Michigan, I think it is much the same story.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I spend half the year in Pennsylvania. I think the demographics here have now put this state in the blue column for good.  Too many older voters have died or moved out, and even the legislature has gone Dem.  I don't see any Republican winning here.  As for Michigan, I think it is much the same story.

@massadvj

I think you are right.

Unless the GOP can figure out some way to attract the younger voters,they will soon be history. I have no idea who or what will replace them,but their demise before a conservative "resistance" can be formed will only make it worse.

And at my age,I don't expect to live long enough to even see that begin to happen.

Offline LMAO

I really hadn't heard of him till he claimed O'bummer was an articulate negro

Biden has been a gaffe machine for as far back as I remember
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Thanks Victor! I value your insights here BECAUSE you spend half your life in Pennsylvania. I wonder though, if that isn't somewhat clouded by the half you spend there being on a college campus.

Whether you are right or not, the window to fix the problem is now closed and won't be opened again by any legal means.
@massadvj
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bigun wrote:
"Do you think MI. and PA. are unattainable because the votes aren't there or because the election aparati have been so screwed in those states that NO Republican can win now?"

Hmmm....
Comrade Bigun, I'm very pleased to see you using (and understanding) the term I've been posting here for going on three years now:
The "underground election apparatus" of the dem-communist Party.

It's why Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and probably now Arizona and Georgia are "lost" to the Republicans, at least for presidential and perhaps most senate elections as well.

The Party itself was surprised at how well its nascent apparatus worked back in 2020 -- and since then great efforts are being undertaken to refine and improve its performance.

But keep in mind that as well as being "underground", The Party has had great success in building its "above-ground, in plain-sight" apparatus as well. This includes such things as
- ballot harvesting
- mail in voting
- provisional voting
- unrestricted use of absentee ballots
- ranked choice voting
... etc.

All are presented to the masses as "election reform" -- but ALL of them quietly serve the goals of the apparatus.

And of course, "the goal" of the apparatus itself is to "control" elections where needed.

This is why you don't see much griping from The Party about the Electoral College any more -- because the underground/above-ground apparatus has now swung the power of the Electoral College towards The Party's side.

They intend to keep it that way.

That's why I smile every time I read a post from the ne'ertrumpers here about how Ron DeSantis is going to win where Mr. Trump could not.

Mr. DeSantis... meet "the apparatus"...

Offline LMAO

Bigun wrote:
"Do you think MI. and PA. are unattainable because the votes aren't there or because the election aparati have been so screwed in those states that NO Republican can win now?"

Hmmm....
Comrade Bigun, I'm very pleased to see you using (and understanding) the term I've been posting here for going on three years now:
The "underground election apparatus" of the dem-communist Party.

It's why Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and probably now Arizona and Georgia are "lost" to the Republicans, at least for presidential and perhaps most senate elections as well.

The Party itself was surprised at how well its nascent apparatus worked back in 2020 -- and since then great efforts are being undertaken to refine and improve its performance.

But keep in mind that as well as being "underground", The Party has had great success in building its "above-ground, in plain-sight" apparatus as well. This includes such things as
- ballot harvesting
- mail in voting
- provisional voting
- unrestricted use of absentee ballots
- ranked choice voting
... etc.

All are presented to the masses as "election reform" -- but ALL of them quietly serve the goals of the apparatus.

And of course, "the goal" of the apparatus itself is to "control" elections where needed.

This is why you don't see much griping from The Party about the Electoral College any more -- because the underground/above-ground apparatus has now swung the power of the Electoral College towards The Party's side.

They intend to keep it that way.

That's why I smile every time I read a post from the ne'ertrumpers here about how Ron DeSantis is going to win where Mr. Trump could not.

Mr. DeSantis... meet "the apparatus"...

Wisc has one GOP Senator and in the House, GOP control 6 seats to the Democrats two
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wisc has one GOP Senator and in the House, GOP control 6 seats to the Democrats two

@LMAO

I have to admit that I am surprised by this.

Have the Republicans been in control for very long,and how has it worked for Wisconsin?

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

I have to admit that I am surprised by this.

Have the Republicans been in control for very long,and how has it worked for Wisconsin?

Well, in part of Wisc, we were represented by Dave Obey, a Democrat, for years. He wasn't your typical Democrat of today. When he left office, GOP has contolled my Congressional district for the last several years. Sean Duffy and now Tom Tiffany

The GOP also controls our Statehouse. Only the governor is Democrat

@sneakypete
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 11:58:58 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
If the GOP wants to win general elections in 2024, they need to stop making enemies of the electorate.

The culture wars bring in donations from eccentric GOP billionaire donors, but, hating on the voters didn't work for Romney (2012) nor Hillary (2016).

People prefer to elect politicians who don't hold threir voters in contempt.

Elections are popularity contests.
Yeah, and that's how we ended up tens of trillions of dollars in debt, on a slow course to self-extinction because the women have embraced abortion, lesbianism and treating marrying men and staring families like it's anathema instead of responsibility.

I hate it.

The country that I loved growing up as a kid, it's gone... and the left controls its future.

The only way to escape is to die. I will likely have to survive several decades more of this decline and be powerless to even have a son or daughter who might reverse it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

Yeah, and that's how we ended up tens of trillions of dollars in debt, on a slow course to self-extinction because the women have embraced abortion, lesbianism and treating marrying men and staring families like it's anathema instead of responsibility.

I hate it.

The country that I loved growing up as a kid, it's gone... and the left controls its future.

The only way to escape is to die. I will likely have to survive several decades more of this decline and be powerless to even have a son or daughter who might reverse it.

I have to agree with you.  I see it as moral decline in our society.  Yes the leftists control the future and again, the only way that's going to change is by electing conservatives at the state and local levels.

D.C. is broken and I believe beyond repair.

Several decades of more decline and we won't have a country left.  I fear for my kids and grandkids.  God help us.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

DONALD J. TRUMP: "They're always investigating the people who want to look at why there was cheating…“They don't investigate the cheaters. Why aren't they investigating the people that cheated in the election?" (Video)

https://twitter.com/ChuckCallesto/status/1652113621986553857

Offline Hoodat

Why aren't they investigating the people that cheated in the election?"

They?  Why didn't Trump investigate when he was President?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

They?  Why didn't Trump investigate when he was President?

Why isn't Mr. Trump making election integrity an issue right now?  Why is it that he only cares about election problems to the extent it allows him to play the victim?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Thanks Victor! I value your insights here BECAUSE you spend half your life in Pennsylvania. I wonder though, if that isn't somewhat clouded by the half you spend there being on a college campus.

Whether you are right or not, the window to fix the problem is now closed and won't be opened again by any legal means.
@massadvj

PA has a Dem governor and two Dem senators as well as a Dem legislature.  Here where I live in Berks County it is definitely Trump country. Many people display giant Trump signs and flags on their barns and houses.  If anything, living here I'd think Democrats have no chance at all.

Offline LMAO

PA has a Dem governor and two Dem senators as well as a Dem legislature.  Here where I live in Berks County it is definitely Trump country. Many people display giant Trump signs and flags on their barns and houses.  If anything, living here I'd think Democrats have no chance at all.

Sounds like your state is more blue than mine(Wi)

I always thought of Pennsylvania as a rural state with folks that enjoy the outdoors.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Ok! Glad to know that. It seems to me that a few boxes in Philidelphia and Pittsburg are ruling the entire state.  Just like Cook County does in Illinois.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Ok! Glad to know that. It seems to me that a few boxes in Philidelphia and Pittsburg are ruling the entire state.  Just like Cook County does in Illinois.

Yep.